Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car CEL shows p0300,p0301,p0302,p0303. So, misfires on cyl.1,2,3. I started reading a lot of the possible fixes but was curious if anyone has had a catalytic converter fail and cause misfires. I am thinking cat first since I have one side misfires.

Thanks and any suggestions would be good.

Car is a 03 Slk 320

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope so.
I am not sure if backpressure from a plugged or failed cat could cause misfires on the whole side.. But find it odd to have misfires on three cylinders.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
p0300 code fixed.

This was an old post. However thought I would follow up with the fix. It was the Drivers side front cat causing problems. It had broken up and the pieces were trapped in the screen to the back driver side cat. This caused a blockage that made the all three cylinders on that side misfire. On a side note the passenger rear cat was also bad. However that one may have been gone for awhile since it was completely hollow and no pieces were left. I was thrilled to find an aftermarket part for less than $300. So, I replaced 3 of the 4 cats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the update. I can't say how frustrating it is to follow a link from google and find it unresolved. Good looking out.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
698 Posts
Agreed, a thread without an ending is a bit like reading a good book with the last page missing. Thanks for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.