Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Noregret4life (Lenny) has asked me to post this on his behalf as he is limited to 512kb on his PDF file uploads.

Noregret4life: “Well I know these files have been overdue for a while now. So without further delay, I present to you the 2 lighting guides I have been working on. You fill find plenty of useful info in both. Hope it helps with everyone’s questions.

HID Tutorial = All info regarding HID kits, how / what / and why.

LED & Resistor Tutorial = sights various bulbs and need for resistors, how to install them, what you need to know.

I think these guides are fairly complete, but if you have info that you would like to contribute, please let me know what it is, and I will gladly add it into the guides along with credit to your contribution. Also if there are any mistakes, please let me know and I will correct them as well.

Hope this helps everyone… Enjoy

Thanks to Baron7700 for post assistance. John is single ladies… and he has a really nice car, and always keeps his rims clean! :tu: < John you better post this and leave it.

-Lenny (noregret4life) “

See attachments

Attachments

Reactions: don33764

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks for posting it for me John.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:WOW, Lenny, those are two great tutorials. Great information and BEST presentations I've ever seen by any forum member on any forum. THANKS for your innovative ideas and your wiliness to share.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Excellent tutorial...easy to follow and extremely informative. Thanks for all the effort (and past efforts) you have put forth it is much appreciated:tu:by me and I am sure all of the members of this site. As always, I am looking forward to your next mod.:hail:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Lenny for taking the time to prepare such a high quality how-to for both H.I.D. and LED resistors. I have given you a Honorary 30 Day Premium Membership

Regards
Bill T

Thanks Bill! Y)

Hope it's what everyone has been hunting after. Any quesitons... you know where to find me :tu:

·
*Premium Member Founding member #7
2017 SLC300
2,188 Posts
Noregret,

Thanks a lot for the write-ups. I have downloaded then for future reference. Very nicely done.

However... You might want to change "perfumed" to "performed" in the disclaimer.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Noregret,
However... You might want to change "perfumed" to "performed" in the disclaimer.
you mean to tell me you don't want a professional to "perfume" your SLK? haha

Good catch... will update .. thanks

·
Founding Member 2006 SLK350
4,599 Posts
:tu:WOW, Lenny, those are two great tutorials. Great information and BEST presentations I've ever seen by any forum member on any forum. THANKS for your innovative ideas and your wiliness to share.
It's the wiliness to share that makes car forums great.

Thanks Lenny.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm trying to change the rear turn signals to LEDs, however, I don't know which of the six wires is ground or 12v. Can anyone tell me which color wire is which? Thanks.
If no one can get to this... I will get you the info by the weekend with a volt-meter

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought these LED bulbs which require the use of resistors. So I need to find out which wire color I need to bridge in order to eliminate the bulb out error. From what I can see, I need to bridge two of the six wires that is attached to the wiring harness. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :)

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
722 Posts
I'm trying to change the rear turn signals to LEDs, however, I don't know which of the six wires is ground or 12v. Can anyone tell me which color wire is which? Thanks.
I'd be careful with changing any of the exterior lights to LEDs. As the tutorial rightfully says in all capitals, bold font and underlined: NOT ALL LEDS ARE CREATED EQUAL. I would advise against changing any of the exterior bulbs to LEDs, unless they are approved by both the DOT and MB for this particular purpose. In case you have an accident, it will be easy to see for the insurance adjustors that you tampered with the lighting system. IMHO, this is not worth the risk.

·
Registered
74 Posts
e1 : turn signal -> Black/white on left and Black/green on right
e3 : back light
e5 : fog light
e9 : stop/light light
Thank you very much, now I know where the power is but is it just me or do I not see where the ground is? Thank you icarus for the warning, however, I haven't had an issue with my insurance when my M3 was in an accident when all the bulbs are LEDs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.