Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I hate the steering wheel they put on the slk R171's before the update. And I came across this on VATH's website.

Wonder if it's just a 'plug and play'

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Opinions are opinions, but I think that wheel looks terrible...and I bet it's pretty pricey.
Anyway, it looks like a rewrapped CLK wheel, which SHOULD be a straight swap. You can find those wheels cheaply on Ebay every so often, so maybe you can get an old one, try to see if it fits, and then get a local shop to re-wrap it?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
What about the steering wheel found on the face-lift SLK55 with the performance package?

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
That steering wheel looks horrible, belongs on a sedan not a sports car.

Here is what you should be looking for, thick alcantara steering wheel, looks best with a bit of CF.

This is ideal IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, I wasn't trying to get that similar wheels for my car. Which by the way is from a CLK63 Black Series. I'm trying to see what other MB wheels we can fit in our cars. I love the updated R171 AMG wheel but I can't find one. New is nearly $4k.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks horrible. CF makes it look tacky in my book. Maybe something like this:
This is not bad, but the airbag part is too bulk. My previous C63 had the perfect wheel, trying to find something similar that would work with our cars without needing any heavy modification.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
This is not bad, but the airbag part is too bulk. My previous C63 had the perfect wheel, trying to find something similar that would work with our cars without needing any heavy modification.
The C63 wheel won't fit on the SLK? it should...?

I like the C63 wheel too!

But I really like that updated wheel with extra CF that YNOT posted! R)

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
I agree! The wheel that Ynot posted is beautiful. But I bet it doesn't come cheap!

·
Registered
199 Posts
awwww...
one of the reasons why i got the 09 facelifted model was because of the steering wheel. Now if i had that...it would look absoutely awesomeeee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts