Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a set of these wheels to replace my 06' AMG wheels,
I do know the rear offset and size(18x8.5 ET30) are exactly the same,
but wonder if the new front wheels will fit/not touching the AMG caliper(front: 18x7.5 ET36).

Question, will the ET36 front wheels fit my car?(originally ET37)

I figure ET36 will have 1mm extra inner clearance than ET37.

Thanks for everyone's help:Beer:

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,946 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see why not. Should fit fine. Interesting that you didn't go for the more angular version of the twin-5-spoke. This one has the relatively "softer" lines.

I.e. it looks like you picked this one:

Mercedes alloy wheels | Genuine new 18" Mercedes 5 Twin spoke | fits Mercedes SLK Class R171 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

over this one:

AMG alloy wheels | Genuine new 18" AMG IV | fits Mercedes SLK Class R171 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd
Haha! You're totally correct, the first link is the wheel set that I just purchased!:Beer:
Primary reason for choosing the "softer" version is because of the price, which is half of the better but similar looking AMG wheel set(US$1450v.s US$2850), so I ended up with cheaper alternative.:biglaugh:

Thanks for the help!:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Durk is correct. One mm shouldn't be an issue. I believe the opposite, one mm "less" inner clearance is correct. The wheels you selected are nice wheels and they're genuine MB and fairly priced. The second set came standard starting with the 2009 SLK 55. One of my all time favorite wheels and personally, worth the extra cost to me because of the styling. I looked for a used set for several years. Interesting picture. Is that your SLK 55? I remember a similar, or the same picture years ago that set me on a quest looking for a similar SLK 55.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)Durk is correct. One mm shouldn't be an issue. I believe the opposite, one mm "less" inner clearance is correct. The wheels you selected are nice wheels and they're genuine MB and fairly priced. The second set came standard starting with the 2009 SLK 55. One of my all time favorite wheels and personally, worth the extra cost to me because of the styling. I looked for a used set for several years. Interesting picture. Is that your SLK 55? I remember a similar, or the same picture years ago that set me on a quest looking for a similar SLK 55.
Yes, that is my "new to me" SLK!! had it less than 2 months haha! I agree with you the AMG wheels are much better looking!

Thanks for the reply, now I can put on the new set of wheels with confidence when it arrives!:tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.