Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a R170 320 (2000) and after i key off there is a buzzing/beeping noise coming from underneath the scuttle panel and it lasts for what seems ages, it goes off as soon as i key on or start the car.
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,425 Posts
Is the noise immediately after key off or say, several minutes later it starts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an odd one, there's only the alarm siren that's under there that could be doing that. Remove scuttle (you may need a puller to get the wiper arms off) and unplug the alarm, see what happens
Will look under scuttle to try and pinpoint it
Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,886 Posts
try a battery reset yet? for giggles?

·
12,425 Posts
Noise is immediately after i key off, it sounds as if a module may be shutting down perhaps but strangely it goes on for ages
Then my idea is of no consequence.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,597 Posts
Will look under scuttle to try and pinpoint it
Thanks
If it's not that, at least it'd be a good opportunity to check the drain holes that are under there, one on the right, a large one in the middle and a through hole to the one on the left :tu:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still not got round to looking under the scuttle panel but have shot a video of the noise, hopefully i will get time to look at it next week

Not sure how to attach a video, anyone help?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,886 Posts
Still not got round to looking under the scuttle panel but have shot a video of the noise, hopefully i will get time to look at it next week

Not sure how to attach a video, anyone help?
go to youtube
make an account
upload to youtube
post youtube link on forum

that is it

·
12,425 Posts
It sounds like something shutting off but it's usually doors/flaps/etc closing after 10 or so minutes, not that electrical whine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts