Administrator - Founding Member
92,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a hurricane yet. Just 60 mph at the moment

Stay inside and surf Slkworld.com!

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
Or come out to California where the weather is usually perfect. We welcome your Tax Revenue and the increased real estate values that results from high demand.

Good luck and hoping this one blows right through without a trace.

·
92,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No good Steverino. Ocean is on the wrong side

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,807 Posts
Or come out to California where the weather is usually perfect. We welcome your Tax Revenue and the increased real estate values that results from high demand.

Good luck and hoping this one blows right through without a trace.
I think I'll take my chances with the hurricanes in Florida than the earthquakes in California. At least I'll still have some land left if my home gets blown away instead of falling into the ocean!!:biglaugh:

This is a wimpy tropical storm. Rain, wind and a tad bit of flooding. You would think this was a Cat 5 hurricane by the way the news is portraying it.

I'm going to the mall!::D

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
I think I'll take my chances with the hurricanes in Florida than the earthquakes in California. At least I'll still have some land left if my home gets blown away instead of falling into the ocean!!:biglaugh:

This is a wimpy tropical storm. Rain, wind and a tad bit of flooding. You would think this was a Cat 5 hurricane by the way the news is portraying it.

Earthquake smirshmake.........any building built after 1980 is made to stand up to them, and besides, I guess the "big one" is eventually coming, but as long as you don't live right on top of the fault line, no biggy.

I know the rest of the country has the idea that we shake around here like a roller coaster, but the last one that I remember feeling was the Loma Prieta in 1989. At least we can be and are prepared for a disaster that will happen when?, 1year, 10years, 20,50, 100 years away? but tornadoes and hurricanes that happen several times yearly? I'd much rather take my chances here in California......and enjoy the wonderful weather in the meantime. ;)

Now, the cost of living? That's the real reason to move away.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Stay dry, and wipe and dry the SLK if it has to be out in the rain.

·
92,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sun out here in Tampa area!!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I love you people..but you are ALL thin skinned crack heads.

Blazing sun, earthquakes, and scorpions in the west...
Tropical storms, gators in your yard, roaches the size of my finger and deadly invasive species running rampant..

vs

Snow.. yes I said it.. snow. Give me snow or give me death people..lets hear it NE folks back a sister up! We know you're all crazy.. in the land of 60 degrees and overcast and you need sweaters.. lmfao..

<3

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts

That's why I don't watch the weather station, they talk about it for days and it usually blows right over. I can't go shopping, my car is in the garage tire-less. Son is getting new ones put on rims. He doesn't trust them to put the car up on the lift. ??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts