Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Neither remote would work on my shiny new (to me) 2001 SLK320. The door lock/unlock would work on console with engine running.

1)Ok, tested batteries in remotes (hold down lock/unlock buttons at same time, will blink if battery ok) batteries ok

2)Sync remotes ( briefly press lock or unlock twice, then within 30 seconds turn ignition to position 2) Remotes synchronized, lights blink when lock or unlock is pressed but doors, trunk, etc do not lock- Semi-Fail

3) Decided to come to the source=SLK World. Ok most likely PSE with barnacles or Fuse 9 or both.

4) Path of least resistance=Fuse 9- yes, it was blown. Did not have 10 amp, but since Volvo is kind enough to put spares in the fuse box, I walked over and got one-Everything now works!

5) Now have plenty of fuses after a trip to Advance.

6) Next step, wait and see. Then troubleshoot down the line if it blows again.

I am going to take a peek at the PSE regardless when the weather warms up a little in the next few weeks.

Thanks for all the threads and postings on this issue :hail:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pse

When my PSE went bad, it was so annoying. The doors would lock and unlock at random, and the alarm would spontaneously go off in the middle of the night. After years of having it disconnected, I finally bought a PSE on eBay that didn't have any of the corrosion that mine had. My mechanic, NOW tells me I need a harness to turn the unit upside down...I spent $500 on the pump, and now another several hundred for this harness? I called Mercedes, and they wanted $2400 to do the entire job. Ya right....I just installed the new pump in the original position...hoping for the best. Good luck!

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,669 Posts

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Bad PSE

When my PSE went bad, it was so annoying. The doors would lock and unlock at random, and the alarm would spontaneously go off in the middle of the night. After years of having it disconnected, I finally bought a PSE on eBay that didn't have any of the corrosion that mine had. My mechanic, NOW tells me I need a harness to turn the unit upside down...I spent $500 on the pump, and now another several hundred for this harness? I called Mercedes, and they wanted $2400 to do the entire job. Ya right....I just installed the new pump in the original position...hoping for the best. Good luck!
And strangely enough, you now have an unused failed PSE; are you interested in selling it so someone can save some pennies?
I would like to be considered as a purchaser, please.

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
As alternatives to myself, Woolly (UK) and stinger608 (USA) are also interested in your dead PSE, with intent to working out how to repair/rebuild them.
Donations in the benefit of the SLK forum!

·
Hopeless *** owner
102 Posts
As alternatives to myself, Woolly (UK) and stinger608 (USA) are also interested in your dead PSE, with intent to working out how to repair/rebuild them.
Donations in the benefit of the SLK forum!
Absolutely!! I would have no problem paying shipping to get it here at all. It would give us a chance to see if we could start "refurbishing" these units on the cheap!!

@CarolinaBlue: If you would like to work something out shoot me a PM please. Y)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,268 Posts
Fuse number 9

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,136 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I saw asks for donations... I have two PSE's i can provide you for the cost of shipping from Atlanta, one is certainly not salvagable (it was floating in the spare tire well when I found it), the other is not quite as bad but still has excessive corrosion. I decided to buy new rather than try to salvage.

I see these PSE's can be bought rebuilt now from Pelican Auto Parts, any experience with those?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.