Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a flaky fault on my power seats - something Ive had since I bought the car - which doesnt really bother me usually; after all I have them set how I want them, but sometimes I take it for a valet and the seats wont move, or worse still, move forward, but then wont go back again!

They can seemingly stop working anytime, but then start again for no reason: the car can be sat still, not running, and they just work or dont work when I try them. I have tried jiggling wires, and they wont work, been in the engine bay and jiggles fuses, and they wont work, scream into the air in exasperation, try them one last time and hey presto!

So, can anyone suggest a possible cause for this?

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,669 Posts
Did you get a result?

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Dodgy motor

... try them one last time and hey presto!
I'm glad this is one last time; I'd hate to think that you try it again once you've got the seat into the right position.

(Same philosophy as something being in the last place you look; not often you keep looking once you've found it! ;) )

You mentioned wires and fuses; you might just have a dodgy motor, where one segment of teh motor is not working OK, and all teh jumping about (and shouting) has moved it so it is not on the duff sector. Once running, it jumps over that sector without delay.

HTH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.