Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in an apartment building with no access to a hose and an allocated parking space under a tree. It isn't ideal.
My car was starting to look a little bit sorry with pollen and general dirt and grime and I decided I had to do something about it.
Did a bit of research and came across Meguiars Waterless Wash and Wax and the Waterless Wheel and Tyre. I went into this experiment with modest expectations but wow, this stuff blew me away. Literally spray on, wipe with one cloth and buff with the other.
If anyone else is in a similar situation to me, check out the before and after pictures and get some ordered!
IMG_7442.jpg IMG_0050.jpg IMG_8231.jpg IMG_6203.jpg IMG_1480.jpg IMG_6837.jpg

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,894 Posts
Just curious: where does the dirt go?

Into the cloth you wipe that stuff off with? Then spray more elsewhere and wipe? Or do you use a dozen cloths? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,430 Posts
Wonder what happens with any grit that you do not end up scratching the finish with old grit stuck on the cloth.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,304 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used big microfibres with plenty of folds to get clean surfaces to wipe with. I was concerned myself with scratching the car but it seems to have done well. I can't imagine it has helped the swirl situation but lets be honest, rubbing anything on the car seems to hurt that!
Started to rain shortly after I finished and the beading is surprisingly good.
Long term I want to do paint correction and maybe a ceramic, bit pricey but might be worth it. For the short term though, I'm really impressed with this product!

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,304 Posts
Roughly £20, but price around. That seller has a discount code right now,
but not sure if this item is covered. (SALE60).
Has a decent carry strap with a brush and variable spray pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts