Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per the manual
"When exiting the vehicle after driving with the exterior lamps on, they switch on again for added security for approximately 30 seconds after closing the last door."

However, this is not working on my vehicle. Neither does the panic button. I am not sure if they are related. The siren works and the PSE looks clean and dry.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
20 Posts
Perhaps it is programming, I can confirm that my 2001 320 SLK works as described in the manual: after turning lights off, removing key, lights will again illuminate (not the main headlights, but I think parking lights/driver lights) for 30 seconds.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps it is programming, I can confirm that my 2001 320 SLK works as described in the manual: after turning lights off, removing key, lights will again illuminate (not the main headlights, but I think parking lights/driver lights) for 30 seconds.
Could be as my panic button also does not do anything.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it is supposed to. The manual told me that, but it doesn't tell my why mine doesn't. :crying:

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
Yup, just got that working after cleaning the PSE??? :confused:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think you can set it up yourself using the computer settings through the dashboard / steering wheel by going through the menus....probably under 'lights' or 'convenience'

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
I think you can set it up yourself using the computer settings through the dashboard / steering wheel by going through the menus....probably under 'lights' or 'convenience'
You cant do that on a R170.

However it does need to be dark for the lights to come on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.