Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I gave my SLK a good wash, polish and vacuumed out the inside.

It's been raining pretty much non-stop since then. Here's a photo of the rain beading on the bonnet (hood) after using a good polish.

Well worth the effort (of which there really wasn't much!). I used Meguiar's products this time for wash and polish (usually use Autoglym).

Happy with the results!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,036 Posts
Nice.
Now add a coat of Colinite wax and it won't bead - the water will run off:smile:
Not being familiar with that, are you suggesting a wax (that is good) on a wax?

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Not being familiar with that, are you suggesting a wax (that is good) on a wax?
Though the thread title is 'Nicely waxed' the the OP [Bob] refers to polishing in the text.

Fresh polish will initially bead as in the photo but the effect will not last as long as a surface finished with a good wax. Maybe I read it wrong and Bob has waxed?

As you imply, not a lot to be gained by adding more wax to a surface that has just been freshly waxed though [though I guess Sarge would disagree:wink:]

Quite a bit of confusion out there between polish and wax.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Though the thread title is 'Nicely waxed' the the OP [Bob] refers to polishing in the text.

Fresh polish will initially bead as in the photo but the effect will not last as long as a surface finished with a good wax. Maybe I read it wrong and Bob has waxed?

As you imply, not a lot to be gained by adding more wax to a surface that has just been freshly waxed though [though I guess Sarge would disagree:wink:]

Quite a bit of confusion out there between polish and wax.
Yes, not too clear!
I used a spray polish which supposedly contains wax, not a true ‘waxing’. I do use a ‘proper’ wax a couple of times a year.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Am I sad , I love cleaning my Merc . I have a lot of potions secreted around the garage out of the wife’s view .
I was thinking of trying Fusso wax then KOG , but now I have decided to try Bilt Hamber double speed wax . From what I have seen it’s meant to be very good , and value for money . Anyone on here use it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts