Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Well today in the uk we were treated to a beautiful warm day. I have been looking at various waxes and polishes over the last 3 -4 months and went down the autoglym route.

I have also been reading alot about this clay bar stuff.

So purchased some Bilt Hamber soft clay, Autoglym Super resin Polish, their extra gloss protection and some of their car shampoo to keep it looking claen later. I also got hold of some Merlin's Blood alloy wheel cleaner (check it out on youtube its awesome). Some yellow sponge pads to apply the waxes and a big pack of microfibre cloths.

It is the first time i have used the clay bar so am going to try it first on my wife's cmax first, (as its silver if i mess up it wont show so much as my black).

will keep you posted of my results and am going to take a before and after shot to see if it was worth it.

Any tips on using the clay bar would be appreciated, as used to t-cut/compound with mutton clothes. I think those days are long gone now after looking at the stuff on the market now.

Cheers all Garry

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sounds interesting! Remember to take pics during the process Gary, we like summat to look at on here! >:D

There's some great advice on 'detailing' on here - it's getting your car to an unbelievable finish using various products as recommended by others on the forum :wink:

·
Registered
579 Posts
For clay barring I just clean a body panel with my wash mitt, then rub it with the clay bar whilst the panel is still wet.

It works best to mold the clay into a 'pad' shape and make sure that you flip it over once the side you have been using is dirty and remold again once the other side is dirty until you have a clean surface again.

Its important to make sure there is plenty of lubrication when claying so add more water if the panel starts to dry off before you finish.

Keep going over the panel until it feels smooth and you are no longer getting any/much dirt on the clay.

·
Banned
974 Posts
For clay barring I just clean a body panel with my wash mitt, then rub it with the clay bar whilst the panel is still wet.

It works best to mold the clay into a 'pad' shape and make sure that you flip it over once the side you have been using is dirty and remold again once the other side is dirty until you have a clean surface again.

Its important to make sure there is plenty of lubrication when claying so add more water if the panel starts to dry off before you finish.

Keep going over the panel until it feels smooth and you are no longer getting any/much dirt on the clay.
Clayed my windows & roof. Worked a treat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts