Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale:

ONE 18 X 7.5 front wheel and ONE 18 X 8.5 rear wheel for a R171 SLK55.

Was sent to me from the factory to replace MY scratched wheels on one side of my car, but sold the car before I swapped them out.

Still in the boxes that they were sent, FLAWLESS, only dusty from storage.

$750 for both or $400 each... OBO

Pics are here
NIB OEM AMG SLK55 18 X 7.5 Wheel

Thanks for looking!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,550 Posts
where u located at? might interest the buyer for shipping, etc

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,550 Posts
warming up my friend, got to 54 today.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Heatwave here today - bout 35F (2degC) - most of the snow has melted - opened the garage door for the 1st time in about 3 weeks, and the SLK is still in there (under cover, but the shape looks good:)).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delay, I'm located in Los Angeles. I would prefer pick up unless someone could refer me to a good shipping company.

·
Registered
155 Posts
can the SLK55 wheels with that unique finish be re-done? Mine are in desperate need of rehab, I'd prefer not to spend the $ to buy new ones. Sorry for the thread jack :/

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
can the SLK55 wheels with that unique finish be re-done? Mine are in desperate need of rehab, I'd prefer not to spend the $ to buy new ones. Sorry for the thread jack :/
Our local MB subcontracts with some company that will refurbish the rims while it is being serviced at MB (roughly USD $160 per rim).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I let my father take it out for a couple days and he hit the curb pretty badly. The integrity of the rim was fine, but cosmetically there was no way to repair them to even look semi-decent. He felt bad so he talked to a friend at a local dealer and they sold him the pair at a very reasonable price. To make a long story short, I ended up selling my car, but the buyer had plans to swap out the rims for a set of 19's and I never got to put the new ones on the car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Our local MB subcontracts with some company that will refurbish the rims while it is being serviced at MB (roughly USD $160 per rim).

yeah but you're in CA. tons of great shops out there. the closest place i have with good shops is Miami which is 6hrs away. :td:

I hate seeing the sorry state of my wheels, I've gotta figure something out

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
yeah but you're in CA. tons of great shops out there. the closest place i have with good shops is Miami which is 6hrs away. :td:

I hate seeing the sorry state of my wheels, I've gotta figure something out
You may elect to call your local MB and find out who they use.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Looks like he is long gone, lol
slkrik55 joined the day they created this thread, only made 3 posts (all in this thread), and last activity was the following day:
• Last Activity: 01-12-2010

I'd say you're right that he's long gone... I'll close the thread now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.