Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,546 Posts
Hi All:

I recently purchased 19" rims and tires to upgrade my new ride and will be putting the OE 18" AMG rims and mounted tires up for sale from my 2013 SLK350. The car has only 2700 miles. Yes, you read that right!!! Only 2700 miles on the rims and tires and they are BOTH spanking new with no blemish whatsoever. Pictures to come.

I am giving this as heads-up to gauge interest in purchasing this very rare set... OEM stuff that is coming off a car with low low miles... Rims + Tires will be ready for shipment within 2 weeks (awaiting my new wheels & tires to arrive). Car is NOT currently driven and remains parked inside garage (winter season here in Boston, MA)

Specs:
18 x 7.5 +42 225/40/18 (front)
18 x 8.5 +36 245/35/18 (rear)

Tires are Bridgestone Potenza

Looking for $1200 + shipping cost (to your North America zip code) or $1500 shipped to within US locations only. I am open to offers, either made in public (here) or by PM...

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now with pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
110 Posts
Tires & wheels

I'm not sure these will clear my AMG brakes. Also what are the tires? I see the size, but not looking for all season rubber. I would also need to check for an spacer to get the off set to what I need. On one I see what looks like it was curbed.

gjslutz (at) gmail.com

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Answers to your questions:

1- The tires are OE fitted, Bridgestone Potenza, Ultra High Performance Summer tires. Thread life is probably 8-9/32 (I didn't measure so its just a guess based on miles driven on the tires)

2- Absolutely NO curbing on any of the four rims. What you see in one picture above is road grease on the rim which I didn't notice to wipe off while taking the pic. The car is absolutely in mint condition, as I said, with less than 3,000 miles on the odo.

3- The factory specs for the rims and tires are below:
18" x 7.5" +42mm, with 225/40/18 tires (front)
18" x 8.0" +36mm, with 245/35/18 tires (rear)

Check to see if these will fit on yours and especially give you enough clearance for your AMG brakes...

I'm not sure these will clear my AMG brakes. Also what are the tires? I see the size, but not looking for all season rubber. I would also need to check for an spacer to get the off set to what I need. On one I see what looks like it was curbed.

gjslutz (at) gmail.com

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
110 Posts
Wheels

Thanks for the answers, your wheels are made for 14MM bolts, mine has 12MM bolts. My wheels are 8.5" wide in the rear, yours are 8". I would like more in width, not less. Best wishes with the sale & great looking car.
gs

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understood. I was wrong on the rear width... it is 8.5", but the more prescient point is that the R170 and R172 rims & bolts does not fit each other, so there... Hope you do find the right one for yours.

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updating the items for sale...

1- Factory 18" AMG rims & tires - 4x

2- Factory hubcaps/covers - 4x

3- Factory lugnuts/bolts for all rims - 20x

Send me a PM and make an offer for all of these items. I am placing the sale for now solely on this forum. If no takers, then it goes to EBay and Craig's List...

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On second thought, I have decided to KEEP my stock rims. These items are no longer for sale. Hope the Mods will close the thread.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,302 Posts
Thread closed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.