Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
I remember cycling over the Severn Bridge way back in the early eighties as a teenager on tour......!!

Myself & Carole should be able to make it in My winter vehicle, as long a the M4 isn't closed due to snow at Membury Services..!!

1 Tony and Libby
2 Iain and Bev
3 Kieron
4 Steve and Sue
5 Dave and Marissa
6 Mike and Les
7 Davie
8 David and Rose
9 Trev' and Carole

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Hi Tony,
Please put me down as a ‘maybe’, I won’t be able to confirm until a few days before ( due to work!).
Thanks Mike.

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
List as it stands:

1 Tony and Libby
2 Iain and Bev
3 Kieron
4 Steve and Sue
5 Dave and Marissa - looking forward to seeing Marissa’s new Leon Culpra, I’m sure it’s very trick
6 Mike and Les
7 Davie
8 David and Rose
9 Trev' and Carole
10 Mike
11 Jon ( at Chepstow Garden Centre )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hoping to wax the car in the morning first!

Guess I could stop at the boot to leave earlier, and come over the bridge!

:)

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hi Tony!

Now you've moved about 40 mile closer to the real SOUTH WEST, how can I not join you?! .... if there's still room for another Dave.

I plan to be at the Aust Services, but it is a bit dependent on how Carol is at the weekend. I will be on my own for breakfast.

Already looking forward to it - the last time I made one of your meets was the first at Kemble - February 2017?

DaveR.

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
1 Tony and Libby
2 Iain and Bev
3 Kieron
4 Steve and Sue
5 Dave and Marissa - looking forward to seeing Marissa’s new Leon Culpra, I’m sure it’s very trick
6 Mike and Les
7 Davie
8 David and Rose
9 Trev' and Carole
10 Mike
11 Jon ( at Chepstow Garden Centre )
12 DaveR (hopefully)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi Tony!

Now you've moved about 40 mile closer to the real SOUTH WEST, how can I not join you?! .... if there's still room for another Dave.

I plan to be at the Aust Services, but it is a bit dependent on how Carol is at the weekend. I will be on my own for breakfast.

Already looking forward to it - the last time I made one of your meets was the first at Kemble - February 2017?

DaveR.
You’ll be very welcome Dave, looks like it’s our second anniversary then!
Weather forecast is changing daily, maybe even a little sunshine amongst the showers now.
My initial guess of twenty is looking good.
TonyS

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
So just checking a few things for Sunday's SW Meet - In Wales.... :nerd:
> Passport - Check.
> EHIC Card - Check.
> Foreign Travel Insurance - Check.
> Green Card - Check.
> Route across the Severn Bridge from Aust Services to Chepstow Garden Centre - Arr, Interesting....
The Postcode for Chepstow Garden Centre: "NP16 6LF" is in the middle of a farmers field...!! :surprise:
....so Make sure You either keep up with @TonyS3, or have the route instructions to hand on Sunday:

Also found a good SLK photo spot just down the road, by the Ferry Inn Pub:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I took a run over to Beachley today. The Ferry Inn is closed for building works and the car park is blocked off.
If you drive past you can get a picture under the bridge from the small lifeboat carpark, like this but better exposed I hope....
For directions to Beachley.
From the Garden Centre cross straight over the roundabout following the A48 down the hill past Chepstow, over the lights over the river, up the hill and turn right signposted Beachley and “Barracks”. Left at the roundabout and then just keep going till you run out of road or drive into the river. It’s about an eight mile round trip. NB Beware lots of traffic calming in 20mph limit in Sedbury, humps, cushions etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
I took a run over to Beachley today. The Ferry Inn is closed for building works and the car park is blocked off.
If you drive past you can get a picture under the bridge from the small lifeboat carpark, like this but better exposed I hope....
For directions to Beachley.
From the Garden Centre cross straight over the roundabout following the A48 down the hill past Chepstow, over the lights over the river, up the hill and turn right signposted Beachley and “Barracks”. Left at the roundabout and then just keep going till you run out of road or drive into the river. It’s about an eight mile round trip. NB Beware lots of traffic calming in 20mph limit in Sedbury, humps, cushions etc.
Sounds like a plan, thanks Tony.:wink:

21 - 40 of 67 Posts