Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Update: See post 17 for latest.
If you wish to join, but have not yet expressed interest, please post a reply.
This helps Tony keep AV8 updated on numbers.

As promised I’ve booked us back into AV8 for our next Breakfast Meet.
Things have changed a bit so it will be interesting to see what you think.
Best
Tony S

1 Tony and Libby
2 Iain and Bev
3 David and Rose
4 Steve and Sue
5 Kieron (and Layla?)
6 Deb and Mike
7 Mike350
8 Martin (And Helen?)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are new to this and would love to join. How do we get details, struggling to use the app. Thanks
Welcome both!
South West Breakfast Meet happens every two months, we always met at AV8 but the roof blew off last October (!) so this is our first time back there since then whilst repairs have been underway. The restaurant overlooks the runway and gives a great view of any flying activity.
Use Cotswold Airport north gate on A433 Cirencester to Tetbury road, follow signs to AV8 restaurant adjacent to the Control Tower. We usually arrive for opening time at 9.00 am and eat at around 10.00.
Please post here if you are attending so I can confirm numbers.
See you there!
NB Thanks for the link David.
TonyS

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Hi Tony,
Please put me down as a maybe.
I fly back in from Italy the night before, so it really depends on how much sleep I manage to get!
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done!
Mike, you know you’ll be up for a blast and an AV8 Breakfast, no matter how little sleep you get!
NB As I said before, the car park out the front of AV8 is now closed to the public. This means we’ll have to park behind which is inconvenient. I’m going to ask if they intend to open it up for car club meets, I’ll post back on that, watch this space.
Otherwise I think I’ll be parking on the grass adjacent to the Control Tower entrance road (on the left), at least then the cars aren’t hidden away amongst the people carriers and 4X4’s.
If we’re not happy with the new arrangements then it may be time to move away from a regular AV8 meet and continue our exploration of other interesting local venues......I’m already thinking about a November return to Chepstow Garden Centre (brilliant breakfast there I thought) for some pre Christmas shopping. We can discuss on the day.
TonyS

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Hi Tony

Could you please add me to the list? Sorry for the late notice. This will be my first SLK meet attendance from my new home - as well as my first AV8 visit.

Hope this is ok... :Grin:

Sent from my phone while my back was turned.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Savcom
Of course, you’ll be very welcome. Fraid I can’t add you to the list as I can’t edit it anymore but we’ll see you on the day.
Best
TonyS

·
Super Moderator
24,283 Posts
Savcom
Of course, you’ll be very welcome. Fraid I can’t add you to the list as I can’t edit it anymore but we’ll see you on the day.
Best
TonyS
Tony, if you post updated lists and mention me, I can jump on and update post 1 for you.

I no longer read every thread unless I'm told of an issue.

Think this is up to date

1 Tony and Libby
2 Iain and Bev
3 David and Rose
4 Steve and Sue
5 Kieron (and Layla?)
6 Deb and Mike
7 Mike350
8 Martin (And Helen?)

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Tony, if you post updated lists and mention me, I can jump on and update post 1 for you.

Thanks Myk. (and Helen has agreed in principle - depending on what time we need to get up...) :wink::grin::x

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE
I’ve spoken to AV8 today and booked us in as sixteen which should be fine.
If there are any Members who’d like to attend but haven’t booked yet that’s fine too! Just post here so I can give AV8 a heads up on numbers.
Apparently tables are now individually four each and can’t be put together......(don’t ask me), so we’ll have to see how we go, a pre-Christmas meet at the Garden Centre over the bridge is looking better and better.......
Weather forecast is OK so hopefully there should be some flying.
See you all on Sunday!
TonyS

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had hoped to pop along but work has dictated otherwise so maybe another time.
If you fancy an alternative location but not too far from AV8 then could I suggest The Greenhouse at Wadswick Green, off Westwells Road near Corsham?

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
My mate Jon might pop along too, I’ll confirm tomorrow night.
I’ve been to the AV8 a few times since it reopened as I’m taking my flying lessons at Kemble and it is just as good if not better than it was before.
The airfield seems a lot busier this year, so always something flying to watch, the breakfasts seem to have got better and even though you can’t park at the front any more, the parking out the back is fine and the grass doesn’t get boggy in the rain so we can park there if needs be.
I think it is a great meeting place but everyone see what you think of it now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apologies

Hi Mike and I can no longer attend tomorrow. I had a mishap earlier in the week and am still recovering, have a good meet

1 - 20 of 31 Posts