Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOW CANCELLED: Next East Mids Breakfast Meet - Saturday 13 June

UPDATE: We have now decided to cancel this meet due to very poor weather forecast!

Next East Midlands SLK Breakfast Meet
When: 9am, Saturday 13 June 2015
Where: Harvester Wilford Farm, Clifton Lane, Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7AT

Decided to try somewhere different (instead of Donington Park). Not sure what breakfast is like at the Harvester, as I've never tried it before, but happy to try it... After all, it's the company that matters more than the place we meet anyway! ;)

Who else is available and would like to join us?... Let me know (and whether you'll be 1 or 2) and I'll add a list here, and book a table for us too! :)

... and don't forget that there's a mini-heatwave on the way for June too! :D

Update: Thanks to Russ for proposing a route... For those wanting to join us for a drive out after breakfast, we'll be taking a route similar to the one Russ did for the 2 May meet, here's the link to that thread for more info:
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/233018-saturday-may-2nd-east-midlands.html
:tu:

Planning to be there (for table booking):
Dave (dbgrn)
Russ (RacingBlue)
Col
Angelo (AMG_Heaven)

Reactions: ANG55AMG

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,609 Posts
Hungry

Me, me, me......:smile:
I had not done the Shepard's Breakfast before but i think it turned out OK?

·
3,609 Posts
Dave, I think it may be just me, I might try to persuade Will, he likes Bacon and Beans:smile:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Put me down for this Dave, I'm looking forward to it already

;-)

Reactions: dbgrn

·
3,609 Posts
Route - Drive Out

Dave, we could do the Route we did from the Shepard's.
There is a nice little route to the start but a few speed humps on the first mile to go by Angelo and my work places, through Ruddington, this will be a bit busy and then out towards the A52 after negotiating a couple of 90 degree bends.:surprise:
Press below:x
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/246345-plastex.html

·
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave, we could do the Route we did from the Shepard's.
There is a nice little route to the start but a few speed humps on the first mile to go by Angelo and my work places, through Ruddington, this will be a bit busy and then out towards the A52 after negotiating a couple of 90 degree bends.:surprise:
Press below:x
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/246345-plastex.html
Thanks Russ, that sounds great to me... the road that had been stone-chipped last time should be fine to drive on by now too! >:D

I'll add the info about having a drive out after breakfast to the first post, and here's a link to your thread about the route for the meet at the start of May:
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/233018-saturday-may-2nd-east-midlands.html

Thanks again :smile:

·
1,745 Posts
Hi All

Sorry but a no show from me this time ,I've come down with short pockets & long arms lol , Need to get my broken spring sorted before I go to far from home

Cheers

Andy

·
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to hear that Andy. I'd just been reading the thread about your suspension, but I have no experience of changing mine, so can't add anything for you there... Good luck!

Reactions: ZeroZero

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all

I was holding out committing to this, as the weather isnt looking great for Saturday. Is the meet going ahead regardless of weather?

Cheers
Kam

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,755 Posts
i am at download festival at castle donington along with about 100,000 other heavy metal fans so I would give it a wide berth chaps

Reactions: dbgrn

·
3,609 Posts
Dave just me now as the youngest is playing Cricket. Times are good as I need to drop him off before 9

·
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi all

I was holding out committing to this, as the weather isnt looking great for Saturday. Is the meet going ahead regardless of weather?

Cheers
Kam
Kam, this one's not a big breakfast meet this time, and the others that are planning to be there are very local to it (other than you, obviously)... I suggest we will still go ahead with the meeting, although if the weather is really lousy (forecast currently showing heavy rain for most of the day), then perhaps we might skip the drive out(?). If you do decide to join us, then I'm still happy to take you out for a ride in my car so you can hear the x-pipe & no 2nd cats, but I guess it depends how desperate you are to hear them.

If you decide not to drive down to this one, I'm sure there'll be another meet in the Midlands sometime soon anyway... we do like our cooked breakfasts! :D

I haven't booked a table yet, and there's probably no need to do so anyway, given the low numbers currently planning to be there. If you want to leave it until closer to the weekend before deciding, then please feel free to do so. :)

i am at download festival at castle donington along with about 100,000 other heavy metal fans so I would give it a wide berth chaps
Thanks Pete... we'll steer well clear of Donington this weekend then! :tu:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,741 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Kam, this one's not a big breakfast meet this time, and the others that are planning to be there are very local to it (other than you, obviously)... I suggest we will still go ahead with the meeting, although if the weather is really lousy (forecast currently showing heavy rain for most of the day), then perhaps we might skip the drive out(?). If you do decide to join us, then I'm still happy to take you out for a ride in my car so you can hear the x-pipe & no 2nd cats, but I guess it depends how desperate you are to hear them.

If you decide not to drive down to this one, I'm sure there'll be another meet in the Midlands sometime soon anyway... we do like our cooked breakfasts! :D

I haven't booked a table yet, and there's probably no need to do so anyway, given the low numbers currently planning to be there. If you want to leave it until closer to the weekend before deciding, then please feel free to do so. :)

Thanks Pete... we'll steer well clear of Donington this weekend then! :tu:
Having 3 kids, I try to make the most of my outings without them ! So was hoping for decent weather so I could get the roof down and go for a blast with all you guys. But its not looking good, so might hold out for a better day as you mention.

Plus, I would like to hear your X pipe with the roof up and down, to see how noisy it gets. And not fair to ask you to get your top off if its chucking it down !!! ;-)

·
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having 3 kids, I try to make the most of my outings without them ! So was hoping for decent weather so I could get the roof down and go for a blast with all you guys. But its not looking good, so might hold out for a better day as you mention.

Plus, I would like to hear your X pipe with the roof up and down, to see how noisy it gets. And not fair to ask you to get your top off if its chucking it down !!! ;-)
I understand completely... just keep an eye on the UK Region thread as we'll definitely post any plans for the next meet there! :tu:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.