Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have heard from everyone but Rick and it appears that Saturday July 26 will work. I'll start looking around to see what's happening that day or maybe we'll set up a road trip. All ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Have heard from everyone but Rick and it appears that Saturday July 26 will work. I'll start looking around to see what's happening that day or maybe we'll set up a road trip. All ideas welcomed.

I've got Rick's phone number! I'll give him a call sometime this week and get him to set aside that date!!!

Joe

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know for you northside guys it's a good drive but the Callaway Gardens and Pine Mountain area is a great place to do some top down driving and enjoy some beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got Rick's phone number! I'll give him a call sometime this week and get him to set aside that date!!!

Joe
Thanks Joe.

I know for you northside guys it's a good drive but the Callaway Gardens and Pine Mountain area is a great place to do some top down driving and enjoy some beautiful scenery.
Randy, I agree, been there and it's a great spot, love the butterflies!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I haven't been around. July 26th sounds good. I'll plan my car detail NOW!
Rick
That's great. Now we just need to keep rounding up some of the other ATL SLKs. I'll look into putting something on the AJC auto events website.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's funny bc since we met last I have seen 4 or 5 SLKs that I have not seen before around here, but none of them were where I could talk to them.

I did talk to a lady at my gym that just purchased a red SLK280 from ACC. I'll see if she is interested.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Chateau Elan is the place! Good place for lunch! Plus the wine tour and tasting if anyone wants to do that and you can stay over night if ya wish! Driving that area is sweet too. Not far from Road Atlanta maybe something going on there that weekend too.

Just my .02

Joe

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Nice place!
http://www.chateauelanatlanta.com/

It would be fun to join you guys.:hail:

I'm talking to the wife about a weekend trip... "It could happen." :biglaugh:
I have fri sat sun mon's off.:butt::biglaugh:

I would drive there and she would fly there. I could pick her up from the airport so she would not be tired of driving. (I would love it!) Spend a few nights.:Beer:

A nice little get away.:tu:

If not...guess I will have to settle for pics of the event here.

Now to map quest for route and distance.
Gas = $200
Spa = $500
etc = $300
Meeting you guys = Priceless!:Beer:

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now to map quest for route and distance.
Gas = $200
Spa = $500
etc = $300
Meeting you guys = Priceless!:Beer:

That would be great if you could make it.

Plus, in ground swimming pool at our place = $0.00:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Guys, seriously, with the price of gas right now, you are going to make me drive the 8 miles to Chateau Elan!!! :biglaugh:

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
HMMMM Over 800 miles 1 way for me at around 24mpg. :(

Wife likes the idea and is going to see if she has that weekend off from the Hospital. She said she wanted to ride with me the whole way.:rb

It's looking doable!:)

We can drive up hwy 85 and see some family in Greenville too.:rb

·
Registered
539 Posts
HMMMM Over 800 miles 1 way for me at around 24mpg. :(

Wife likes the idea and is going to see if she has that weekend off from the Hospital. She said she wanted to ride with me the whole way.:rb

It's looking doable!:)

We can drive up hwy 85 and see some family in Greenville too.:rb

Wow, That is true SLK dedication! We would all enjoy seeing you!
Dave, we need 2 awards: One for SLKDawg for the shortest distance driven and one for SLKman for the longest!!!:hail:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, That is true SLK dedication! We would all enjoy seeing you!
Dave, we need 2 awards: One for SLKDawg for the shortest distance driven and one for SLKman for the longest!!!:hail:
I'll think of something Joe, maybe I'll get Dawg a Georgia Tech hat!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Umm, Well said for a guy who drives a very nice "Red & Black" SLK.:biglaugh:
Yes, I realize the irony. Sorry folks, it's a UGA vs GAtech issue.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts