Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SLK 55AMG 2006
UK, East Sussex, owned 4 months. It's good. Thank you!

Possibly the best car I have ever owned. Why, it "just" does it all!

However, I have concerns about overzealous moderators. My first post elicited the following, in answer to a "genuine" enquiry...

Just wondering how many are using a "Sprint Booster" on their SLK55's and what you think of it?

Your welcome, we (Moderators) try to keep an eye on these things.

Rick also deleted the following response from above...
This message has been deleted by DBPLS. Reason: Revised prior post, no need for this one.

...err, I don't think I even want to go there with you guys, I'm sorry, this is a very sad forum. If your "moderator", Rick, does not have the fundamental command of the Anglo/American language (your/you’re), and he censors at will, then I will bow out. Bye, bye...

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,192 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
However, I have concerns about overzealous moderators. My first post elicited the following, in answer to a "genuine" enquiry...

Just wondering how many are using a "Sprint Booster" on their SLK55's and what you think of it?

This message has been deleted by DBPLS. Reason: Revised prior post, no need for this one.

...err, I don't think I even want to go there with you guys, I'm sorry, this is a very sad forum. If your "moderator", Rick, does not have the fundamental command of the Anglo/American language (your/you’re), and he censors at will, then I will bow out. Bye, bye...
Ah, I don't think he touched your post, he removed a religious response from a reply to yours.

Oh, and welcome from London via Houston, Tx. You should join us in Wales for the next Sheep Chase.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
SLK 55AMG 2006
UK, East Sussex, owned 4 months. It's good. Thank you!

Possibly the best car I have ever owned. Why, it "just" does it all!

:confused:SLKWorld is a great forum for SLK owners, especially new owners. Much to be learned and shared. Most of us make typographical errors. Misuse of the words "your" and "you're" (you are) are very common. You might want to reconsider leaving so soon.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Sorry for the typo, was on my smartphone. Big fat fingers small keys.:biglaugh:

I deleted the prior post because it had the unwanted religious reference in the quote.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
Welcome from Leeds. Try and join us in wales.

There has been a ripple in this forum recently, which is unusual. I hope it just stays a ripple, if not i may actually end up doing some of the stuff that have been putting off rather than hang around here :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Hi from Ottawa Canada.

I'd cut everyone some slack on the spelling. I am occasionally making posts late at night or after 8-9hrs hanging in the straps in the middle of the night/ocean. Others are using english as their second, third or fourth language. I'm with Nak7 and -1-, this is a great site, with tons of info and friendship/commeraderie (sic?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts