Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :) I've been lurking for quite a while... I have been looking at buying an SLK for about six months- only one more month until I have completed my downpayment goal :-D.. It will be the first car I actually WANT :) I'm mostly have just been trying to figure out all the differences between the 280/350 and 05/06 years.. Basically everything I have to go off of is online and can't compare much at dealerships because I think there are 6 total in a 200 mile radius of where I live :( I think I'm supposed to introduce myself so... I'm a 22 female, I just got married a few months ago to an Army man, uhm I'm a nurse and I live in rainy washington :-D.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Thanks for posting and here is your first official welcome! There is a great group in the NW that you should connect with for SLK drives when your car arrives. Let us know when you purchase and post up picks!

BTW - thank your husband for his service. My brother did 20 years Army and we have several military members here as well!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Welcome Krystal! Lots of great info here. I am sure someone with an 06 will chime in with the differences.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,685 Posts
Check out the NW SLK Group area of the forum. We meet all the time in the Seattle area for fun drives. Even a couple of us from Oregon make the drive up to meet.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome... :)

I'm driving a Chevy Impala today.... Not the most sporty car I've ever driven...:biglaugh:

You will love driving the SLK.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,376 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

and as retired Army, I thank you and your husband!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Greetings from Atlanta, enjoy the site.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Krystal.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Welcome from Australia!