Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just purchased a 08slk280 with 21k on it. I bought it at an Audi dealer and the radio does not work. They do not have the radio code or nav disk. For price and mileage it was not a deal breaker for me. My question is w/o the code is it safe to say the unit should even turn on??? I won't be able to get to Benz until tues and just want to enjoy the ride with some tunes. Any ideas? Thank you. Excuse the grammar via iphone

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
sobenz23,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last.

Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
no radio codes were needed after 2004. so something else is amiss

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Hey all, I just purchased a 08slk280 with 21k on it. I bought it at an Audi dealer and the radio does not work. They do not have the radio code or nav disk. For price and mileage it was not a deal breaker for me. My question is w/o the code is it safe to say the unit should even turn on??? I won't be able to get to Benz until tues and just want to enjoy the ride with some tunes. Any ideas? Thank you. Excuse the grammar via iphone
Check fuses. There are two main fuse boards. One is behind the panel at the drivers end of the dash. The cover pops off with a small screwdriver in a slot halfway down the cover. The fuse chart should be in there The other is under the hood opposite side to the battery. some of the fuses under the hood relate to the radio

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Love those blue SLK 280's !

Congrats on your new ride. If it's any consolation - just stick to curvy back roads and the tunes won't matter as much. Also - start going through the audio threads here and you will learn a lot.

My car is a lot older, but the version of radio you have makes a difference. There is a basic Audio 20(with an '08 you may have an Audio 50) with 1 CD, a Comand Unit (large color display) with (without?) a six disc CD changer, and Comand/Harmon Karden system.

As you said Nav I will assume it is a Comand system. Thus you can ignore a lot of the ranting on here about the A20.

You also may want to get a Datacard - It will tell you what was built in your car. Just go to the datacard thread and post your VIN # and someone will get you one. Or install EPC from Star TekInfo and get it yourself.

Plenty of info on the forum - you may want to read this - it has some great info on the M-B audio systems.

http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+++All+about+the+different+Mercedes+COMAND+systems-article-54.html

Then just wait for the rest of the guys on here to come to your rescue !

Welcome to the best SLK forum in the world !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.