2005 SLK350
1) Air Scarf, Heated Seats
2) Nav
3) Sound
4) Lighting

NO POWER SEATS.. lol

black on black.

53k miles

I think there's a flat spot on the tires. Over the car is in great shape. Needs a bit of touchup paint and small crack on the fron bumper below the fog. Can't really see it at all.

paid about $22k USD. How'd I do?

-----------------------------------------

have a few questions.

1) is there digital speedo? i downloaded the manual and it gives the inidcation there is, but my MB mechanic says there isn't

2) can the windows and roof open and close via the key fob (smartkey i think it what its called) - do you need to have a certain option purchased to have this feature?

3) does the harmon/kardon option have an ipod/ mp3 jack?

4) the power seat vs manual seat has the same adjustments right? only diff is the power?

thanks in advance.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
914 Posts
about to pick up my slk350.

have a few questions.

1) is there digital speedo? i downloaded the manual and it gives the inidcation there is, but my MB mechanic says there isn't

2) can the windows and roof open and close via the key fob (smartkey i think it what its called) - do you need to have a certain option purchased to have this feature?

3) does the harmon/kardon option have an ipod/ mp3 jack?

4) the power seat vs manual seat has the same adjustments right? only diff is the power?

thanks in advance.
1. Yes there is a digital speedo on UK models, it is in the lower instrement display and shows the speed in KPM, the main speedo is a big circular analogue one.

2. The MB option is an IR set up which basicaly is cr*p, you have to hold the key within 5 ft of the door handle and keep the key pressed what you need to buy is a Smart-top, then you can drop the top with 3 presses on the remote from as far away as the remote central locking works, and also drop it with one touch to the interior button.

3. I am not sure, someone else with more knowledge will answer for you.

4. I have manual and there is plenty of adjustment!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. I'm really pushing for this 15 posts so I can send PMs.

Anyone here from Toronto?

1) so minei s a USA model. Still has the digital speedo?
2) whats a smart top?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
thanks guys. I'm really pushing for this 15 posts so I can send PMs.

Anyone here from Toronto?

1) so minei s a USA model. Still has the digital speedo?
2) whats a smart top?
1. You can go into the menu via steering wheel, instead of outside temp display, you can have the MFD display the speed (digital speed display)

2. SmartTop is an aftermarket module that allows you to operate the roof using RF from the key instead of the OEM IR (no need to stand and aim, more like click-and-forget), plus other functions. Check the mods4car website. SmartTop is sold also by SLKstore at a reasonable price.

·
19,407 Posts

·
19,407 Posts
7 more posts..

so what there is an IR function built into the key? is that part of a option such as premium option?
Only if you got the vehicle with the IR roof function, IIRC, may be part of premium package 1.

Personal opinion: Not much to gain from the OEM IR function from the key.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Another welcome from Atlanta.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the smart top link. I think i can do it. Just sounds like a bit of wiring. Wow.. one touch to open the roof. I feel like a baller.

6 more

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
880 CLOSING SYSTEM WITH INFRARED REMOTE CONTROL

whats this? is this the IR roof closing thing?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
just welcome 10 users in the new section and you have your 15

·
19,407 Posts

·
19,407 Posts
two more posts boomie.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts