Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals

I've been skulking about in the shawdows for a while reading the posts :)

But, I've done it now :bannana: woohoooo :burnout:

Cant awit until I pick up my SLK 55 AMG.......vvvvrrroooooooommmmm !!!

2005 - Cubinite Silver, black interior with all the options I wanted.

All I need to do now is find some little personal touches to add on ;) -all idea's welcome - although it does look sensational already :bling:

Pick it up in the next 10 days, cant wait (opps did I say that already) :biglaugh:

I'm after a little favour, I noticed if you supplied the VIN no. (WDB1714732F065372) someone could provide a full vehicle listing. I'd be grateful if someone would, as I'd like a copy.

All I need to do now is pray that the good old Scottish weather takes a turn for the better (c'mon Global warming) and I can get the roof down.

All the best to everyone on the site and its a great place to browse.

Take care
Mikey

PS I'll post a pic or 2 when I pick it up :usa:
PPS Need to get this stupid grin off my face :biglaugh:
PPPS Please let me get some sleep :Banane10:
PPPPS couldn't get any more Smilies on here if I tried ;)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,481 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Conratulations from Virginia USA on your pending SLK 55. You can enjoy it right aways as is.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from southern California.

Some recommended mods:

1. SmartTop
2. Woolly sock-over-seatbelt-buckle
3. Chromed turn indicator lamps
4. Galvanized steel mesh screen on the air inlet opening (if you are in a "leafy" area)
5. Trickle battery charger pre-wire (esp. if the ride will be in a protected hibernation state during winter)
6. John's broomstick, for lubricating the rubber seals, maybe twice or once a year, dependent upon the type of lubricant used
7. Error-free LED's for the parking lamps
8. Modified R170 "shortie" antenna

Reactions: REB_TN_06

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the Welcomes - nice to be here :)

Did anyone pick up on my VIN request, just thought I'd ask as it was buried in amongst a million Smiley’s

Or should I post elsewhere ..... I'll do a search

Thanks again and look forward to a wondeful Summer/Autumn :burnout:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

#9 John's Third Brake Light Flasher! ;)

Here's your datacard, looks like a nice car!
Good catch John :tu:

Definitely recommend John's 3rd brake light (programmable) flashing module, easy plug-&-play, OEM quality and prolly have saved countless rear-enders.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,474 Posts
Mikey 55 welcome for Phoenix Az. The weather is not bad here in Arizona in Oct. plenty of sunshine we got some very nice winding Roads just like Scottland might have to change the Airfilter after you are done driving for miles and miles and miles. Ps make shure you bring sun screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all your reply's (Newbie) - Mikey 55 UK

Hi All
Thanks again for the welcomes, hopefully pick it up next week, just waiting to hear back from the Merc garage.

Eddy – I hope it looks as good as yours, which is a cracker J love the interior, mine is black, but it’s as good as new so delighted. Also thanks for the list of Mods really useful and I’ll do a little digging around them.

John – thanks for the Datacard, fantastic, it’s lovely to have in writing what I’ve bought, so I can drool even when I don’t have the car yet ;-)

Berliner – never been to Phoenix, but sounds great and it’ll be a lot warmer (and drier) than Scotland!! Usually head over to Orlando/Palm Beach area lovely the fantastic weather, but it’s not the same driving a Sebring ;-) lol Love the US, just think its great J hope the economy picks up soon.

Wish you All, all the best and remember this isn’t a practice, so go out and have some fun.

Cheers
Mikey
:tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,481 Posts
Thanks Mikey! Black IS beautiful!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts