Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post I can't believe I am the owner of a Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor:smile::smile::smile:
How I came to own her is a bit of long story! In March I vaguely recall saying I ought to get my old bicycle out of the garage, take it for repair and I could 'maybe' ride it too work (it really was a passing remark, the musings of a crazy woman, I've not ridden my bike for years). Good Friday came and my husband surprised me with a beautiful mint green retro bike (the type of bike you see beautiful willowy young women breezing through town on - NOT some gasping oldie, shaking with abject terror)! No pressure to cycle to work then!! I drove to work next day and said to my pals 'I wonder if I casually mention a Mercedes SLK one of those would turn up (IN MY DREAMS I thought)
Hey presto just before our wedding anniversary Martha the Mercedes appeared on the drive. So happy! Like me she's no spring chicken and is need of a bit TLC here and there which I will seeking advice for in my next post if anyone can help but I am absolutely smitten with Martha!! She's black and shiny and just adorable and I can't believe how blessed I am! :Banane10:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,470 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLK Worl from Kent.
Fantastic story of how you came to own the car. Love it.

Reactions: Jules8092

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
900 Posts
Welcome from the swamps of Southern Maryland USA.

Reactions: Jules8092

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome and hello from beautiful Vancouver Canada! I have owned my car for just a week and am in love! This is a great resource for pretty much anything you can imagine. I checked squeaky seats (gotta get that felt strip) stereos and more! Keep smiling and keep coming back here!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome Jeff, wow have had lots of welcome messages! Friendly bunch you SLK owners :)

I'm still trying to navigate my way around the site (never joined or used a forum before so it's all knew to me. I don't think is the right place or message to reply too but I forgot to give you my VIN No WDB1704442F193156

Thanks again

Julia :)

·
97,470 Posts
Hi Julia, not right spot but you are new! :D Standby for datacard

·
97,470 Posts
Here ya go!!

215A LEATHER QUARTZ/SIAM BEIGE

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
6,030 Posts
Hi and welcome from SW Florida, USA. You seem to love your baby as much as I do mine (& everyone else loves theirs) , but my husband is NOT fond of mine. Bought it myself !!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi Julia, and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,059 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts