Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my 2005 SLK350 (61,000 miles) yesterday. It is silver which is perfect because I love white gold and sterling silver jewelry. I originally was set to purchase a 2006 porsche boxter but decided I preferred an automatic versus shifter and the 350 popped up on my search. I really liked both cars however it was something about the 350 that spoke to me (not sure what it said) but it wanted to come home with me.

I purchased my car at Carmax who could not tell me much about it. Based on the carfax report there were 3 prior owners, it appears that the car ended up at auction at one point. Needless to say there is no owners manual or service record. Thanks to this thread I was able to download a pdf of the owners manual. Still need more info on the command center.

Anyway, I'm just really glad I found this forum. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,232 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

Look in the General SLK & R171 forums and peruse the Sticky threads. They will give you links to the Owner's Manuals and such. A trip to a shop that works on M-B's will get you a build list, and you can go from there.

Most of all - find a curvy road and drive it !

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,330 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts