Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we'll start with the hello, so hi.

Just (the other day) collected a SLK320 (2002) Auto

All was well for the first 100 miles, but now I intermittently get the engine diagnostic light coming on and it is a bit rough at tick over, like it may be a miss fire. Then it fixes its self and can be fine for a day. Also getting a rattle occationally from what sound like under car at drivers side. !!!!

Also the bulb warning light comes on and off as and when it likes.

Please can you guys advise me?

Cheers
Jim

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,063 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

rattle could be catalytic comverter

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome
First thing is to have the codes pulled and post them. Most auto parts stores will pull them for free or you can invest in a code reader.

·
Registered
279 Posts
hello from France,

your problem seems to be from exhaust - catalyst . . .

did you have a rattle when the engine decelerates from high rpm ?

how many miles has your car ?

most of the 2002 model have to change the catalyst between 50 000 and 70 000 miles

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

I have the same year and model. The bulb warning lamp was caused by a bad(dirty) connection at the tail light plug. Cleaned it up, sprayed it with CorrosionX, and it's working fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hiya Jas and congratulations on your great taste in cars! :)

Lifefreeordie has great advice in posting the codes it will really help to pin down the issue. My wife has a little gadget that plugs into the car to read them and there's a guy I know who's a mobile mechanic with a £3000 one that's even better. Great for peace of mind.

Happy motoring! :))

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,063 Posts
Jas has not been here for almost 2 years fyi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.