Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone

Just checking in to say truely a great forum with a wealth of excellent info, obviously some very well informed people here.

Not an SLK owner yet but I had my first test drive yesterday in a 2004 SLK350 at my local mercedes dealer, still not quite managed to get the smile off my face. Don't know who it was that first said the slk was a bit girlie (no disrespect intended) but they never drove the car I did yesterday.

Will be hoping to buy my first SLK over the next few weeks and would be vey grateful for any advice on offer. promise I will try and look for answers before I post but please bear with me if I ask a question that has already been answered

Andrew R

·
Registered
272 Posts
I also just recently bought a used 2005 SLK350. It has been a great purchase which I have loved every second of. Amazingly, it is also the first large purchase I've ever made in which I experienced no buyer's remorse at all. It's a great car.

If you're looking at used models, I'd say to make sure the car passes carfax (see if it has had any accidents, etc), and make sure it has had maintenance done regularly. Then, see if there is any required maintenance coming up soon.

Here in the Seattle WA area of the USA, the Maintenance D cost me about $500. I've heard most of the maintenance steps will be from $200 - $1000, depending on what type it is. So, I'd just check and see if there is any required maintenance coming up soon, and ask for a reduction in price of that amount, if so.

As to the girly thing... I don't know how girly the car is, but I do know girls seem to like them a lot. It sounds stupid, but honestly, I get a lot of smiles in this thing.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hi to everyone

Just checking in to say truely a great forum with a wealth of excellent info, obviously some very well informed people here.

Not an SLK owner yet but I had my first test drive yesterday in a 2004 SLK350 at my local mercedes dealer, still not quite managed to get the smile off my face. Don't know who it was that first said the slk was a bit girlie (no disrespect intended) but they never drove the car I did yesterday.

Will be hoping to buy my first SLK over the next few weeks and would be vey grateful for any advice on offer. promise I will try and look for answers before I post but please bear with me if I ask a question that has already been answered

Andrew R
I think you'll love it - as others have said, it's a truly fun car to drive. If you are getting it from a Dealership, shoot for a CPO'd car - the factory warranty will be running out soon. Also, check the service booklet, make sure it's stamped and up to date.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome arosamond from across the pond.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Hi Andrew. Can't believe there are four new members from the UK: Welcome! Jonathan.

PS. And what have you got against those of us who are ill-informed!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Greetings from Atlanta!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Andrew. Can't believe there are four new members from the UK: Welcome! Jonathan.

PS. And what have you got against those of us who are ill-informed!
Hi Jonathan.
Thanks for the welcome, nothing but sincere empathy for the ill-informed.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.