Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've already posted in the R170 section but it seems a bit quiet......
I'm posting on behalf of my Dad's girlfriend who's looking to buy an SLK 230 in the next few days and was just wondering if there's anything we need to look out for when viewing cars, e.g. common faults etc?

How are they in terms of reliability, performance etc and what should we expect from a test drive?

She's found one that seems to be a very good buy, does anyone have any opinions/warnings??

Thanks in advance.

Stacey

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,308 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Hi Stacey, welcome from NE England (JB, you must have bin like a coiled spring!!).

You're probably not gettin many replies because you're asking the $65000 question - the cars are inherently good, but so much on a second-hand vehicle depends on what happened in it's previous life - u can have a high mileage, no service history car that can be far better than a low mileage, full service history example. You've just got to use your gut feeling, and see what warranty you can get out of the dealer.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,308 Posts
Woolly,

BOOOIIINNNGGGGGGGGGG! (spring sound)!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Stacey, welcome from NE England (JB, you must have bin like a coiled spring!!).

You're probably not gettin many replies because you're asking the $65000 question - the cars are inherently good, but so much on a second-hand vehicle depends on what happened in it's previous life - u can have a high mileage, no service history car that can be far better than a low mileage, full service history example. You've just got to use your gut feeling, and see what warranty you can get out of the dealer.
Thanks, I'll have a good nose around the search function. I'm pretty clued up on what to look for in a 2nd hand car, though my experience is mainly with the merc's poor relation (smarts, lol)

The one in question isn't from a dealer, but has got a full merc service history. Now in my experience, merc haven't got a clue what they're doing with smarts but I can only assume that they're good with what they know?!?

Thanks again,

Stacey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.