Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired a 2001 320slk over the weekend 38K on the odometer. Getting a few odd things sorted out like reglue rearview mirror that fell off in the Georgia heat after I got it home. Need to address a few cosmetic issues with some trim that needs reglued, a few paint chips, and some very very minor interior coating that is peeling. One last thing is the radio won't lock on any station. Looking down the antenna hole it almost looks like there isn't anything that it screws into. Once the antenna mast is attached to the bezel does it screw into a female base on the bottom or is there an antenna cable which screws on. Also to gain access to the antenna base do you have to take the large cover on the driver side trunk off (the one with the 1st aid kit)?? Overall loving it so far, but what's not to like about a topless ride in the summer. I'll probably upgrade the whip antenna once I know how good the radio reception is or isn't, also need to hunt down an owners manual since one wasn't included. Also if anyone has any suggestions for an indie repair shop around Cobb county give me your recomendations.

Thanks
Eric

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,113 Posts
Eric,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
94,113 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for all their help. Owners manual downloaded and radio antenna issue resolved :tu: (antenna cable was not attached). A big thanks to the group.

Eric

·
94,113 Posts
And thanks for updating your info!

·
Premium Member
11,305 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts