Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I have few small surface scratches on my front windshield.
How can i getrid of them?:confused:. Thank you:hail:

D

·
0 Posts
With difficulty I'm afraid, i don't think the stuff we use at the shop can be put on the front.

D

·
0 Posts
It's like polish, i don't know a lot about it since its down to the detail guys to fix that sort of issue but i don't think it works on the laminated windshield.

Are the scratches on the inside or the outside

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan sorry i could'nt get back to you earlier, I was away. Scratches are on the outside and I only see them when i am driving toward the sun in the afternoon. At outher times they are not visible at all. Someone suggested I use RAIN-X on the windshield, the Idea is that scratches get filled by what ever stuff is in the RAIN-X. I am affraid scratches Show even more. What do you suggest i do?

D

·
0 Posts
Possibly speak to one of the companies that fill windscreen cracks with a gel, they might be able to use it to remove the scratches otherwise MB will say replace the screen.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
I love that Rainx stuff. :)

I noticed my previous SLK 320 and now this SLK 350 windshield seems to get a million and one little specks. Some look like actual rock dings. Others are smaller. I never had such damage in any care prior to the MBs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi guys i have a slk 350 2004 plate with a dodgy driverside window switch and i was wondering if any one knows how to remove the switch from the door handle as i want to replace it any help would be great or links to replacing it thanks guys .

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi guys i have a slk 350 2004 plate with a dodgy driverside window switch and i was wondering if any one knows how to remove the switch from the door handle as i want to replace it any help would be great or links to replacing it thanks guys .
It's not difficult, take off the round lateral small cover (usualy has the color of your seats, mines are tan) on the top of the silver door handle and the switch has clips on the two sides try to push the two clips and push the switch out it will come out with the wires. If you already have the new switch try to see how the clips works before trying to take it out.
Regards Greg

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Here was a pair of switches on ebay.co.uk when I looked yesterday. They are a breaker and breaking an SLK most parts available

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi guys well bought a new switch fitted it and same problem driver side switch allows drivers side window too go down but not the passenger side any ideas would be great i did notice that the cover on the outside one of the tabs to keep this in place is broken surley this wouldnt stop 1 window coming down ? HELLLLP

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi guys well bought a new switch fitted it and same problem driver side switch allows drivers side window too go down but not the passenger side any ideas would be great i did notice that the cover on the outside one of the tabs to keep this in place is broken surley this wouldnt stop 1 window coming down ? HELLLLP
Is the passenger side switch is working? is the passenger side window going down and up using the passenger side switch?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.