Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends

I am being offered a 2006 SLK 55 with almost all options for $50,600. This is on US east coast.

Is that a good/fair price? Car has 3000 miles and almost all options.

thanks !

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:"With almost all options"? What's missing? Depends. I've seen some incredible (low) prices on some great SLK in the past several months. Peak vert (convertible) season will work against you, high gas prices (SLK 55 has a "gas guzzler" EPA mileage rating) could work in your favor. $49k or lower would be a moral victory. Give us the complete list of options. Good luck.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Can you list the options available on this vehicle? Lighting package (bi-xenon)? Airscarf? COMAND with SAT/NAV? Bluetooth? Ipod integration kit?

Check the brake calipers, the 2006 should still have the large calipers both front (6-pot)and rear (4-pot). Condition of tires (see if this matches the 3000 miles as stated in terms of wear).

I agree with -1- about the $49K but it all depends on what options are included. Ask for an extended warranty to be thrown in if they won't go below $50K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Friends
Thank you for the help. It is CPO
Options are

* 6-Disc CD Changer
* Airscarf
* BiXenon
* COMAND
* Harman Kardon Sound System

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Welcome!!!

I wouldn't care about the changer (uses a lot of space), but the others would be must haves on my list.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Dear Friends
Thank you for the help. It is CPO
Options are

* 6-Disc CD Changer
* Airscarf
* BiXenon
* COMAND
* Harman Kardon Sound System
Tell them you "hate" the 6CD changer as it takes up valuable space and is almost worthless. There is no Nav/SAT, bluetooth or ipod.

Shoot for $49K or get them to throw in Nav/SAT, bluetooth and extended warranty, or any of the above combination. Personally, I prefer to have the Sat/Nav and Bluetooth.

·
Registered
26 Posts
good hunting.. i imagine dealers are most likely willing to deal (car economy is so-so) so i like to start with a decent lowball price and then see how they counter... you know, something like 48K then try and split the difference.

i like to see the service records too, btw. Sat/Nav is always nice too, but with so many decent Garman products for cheap it's really a personal choice, i suppose. I just use a nuvi360 when i'm out in nowhere land.

good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.