Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just got myself a project 2001 slk 230 with the infamous limp home mode along with many other problems. Learning a ton and hoping to have her up and shifting properly before the end of the month.
Have been lurking on the forums here which are great. Thanks for the knowledge!

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,306 Posts
Noo Joisey!!!!! What exit?

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hope you get her sorted asap. Welcome to the site.. some good tech info.. my R170 (a dream car for years) has been awesome in 18 months although passenger front motion sensor failed last week and caused outage in the ABS/ESP/Roof and Central Locking.. hope no more gremlins.. although a driver since 1986 I had never owned an auto and wasn't looking for one.. but I like the SLK auto box very much. Hope you get the little issues sorted on your project so that she might be a "keeper" for you.. a nice drive for many years. kevin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I just ripped apart the gear shifter and our seems to be okay. No signs of spills or corrosion. I guess it's on to the conductor plate next weekend. Still trying to hunt down the pse pump to see if it's the culprit for parking lights staying on and dead dome light. The previous owner really neglected this car, I'm hoping to give her a second life.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
13,314 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts !

Good luck we hope you get it up & going real soon! Hopefully, since you're from Jersey maybe you should call on a Soprano & they can call his boss & ask for assistance just make sure not to borrow money from them. Lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the pse is fried. Should I start a new thread on this or can I keep this going on here. Cause I'm gonna need sine pointers about replacing the pump and the burned connectors.

·
103,306 Posts
start a new thread in the r170 general discussion section
do a search on our forum as it has probably been done/asked before

use google
go to google
search our site by typing this:
site:slkworld.com r170 replace pse or clean pse or whatever

·
103,306 Posts
Then you will need to buy a new one.

I also asked him:
Noo Joisey!!!!! What exit?

·
103,306 Posts
post your vin
get your free datacard and also the part number for your
Pneumatic System Equipment PSE

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
15,205 Posts
Welcome from central Florida!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I thought you were just ribbing me.... Exit 11 on the pike

My vin: WDBKK49F11F217510

part number for the pse:1708000848

correct me if I'm wrong but isnt 2108001248 an identical pump with a different fitting on top?

·
103,306 Posts
Standby...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.