Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming the 3+ft of snow on our front yard melts by then, Cath and I are hoping to take our first trip of the season on or about the 11th of April. I'm thinking south towards DC (Cherry Blossoms are supposed to hit on the 11th).

I'd love to hear of roads, towns, scenery, stops, restaurants along the way - roughly Syracuse NY, to Washington, and maybe a bit further... thinking 4-5 days.

Appreciate your thoughts!

JJ

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
If your trip is only 4 - 5 days I would spend the time at the museums in DC, you will need at least a good solid week to see everything there. Have a safe trip.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've been to almost all of the museums once already...and I don't think I'll drag Cath through the aerospace museum again (I DID take her to the RAF museum for our honeymoon...don't want to spoil her!). We may go to the Native American (sic?) museum as it was still being built last time we were there.

I was hoping some of our NE members might mention some nice spots/towns to see?
Please and thank you...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would reccomend checking out the Winery's in The Pocono's in PA. Several winding roads through the area with beautiful scenery in the spring and fall. Intimate hotels scattered about.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... we're making progress! Any interesting/historical towns? We both enjoy history, good food etc.. old hotels have some charm. We enjoy the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (TV series)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts