Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
974 Posts
I'm sure Wheelbase have a compatibility section so you can cross-check, just make sure they know the front & rear wheels are different widths. Phone them if still unsure.
The style you favour was fashionable many years ago & the many Allen key-like bolt heads around the perimeter quickly rusted or got tarnished & were a pain to keep clean.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I considered putting 'lots of spokes' wheels on my 170, but I figured it'd be a pain to clean off brake dust and keep them in good order.
In the end I caved and bought a more minimal (but smart) 5 spoke split design from Wheelbase.

I think these would look great on a 171 (bar those hideous center caps), especially on a silver. If you like them and they suit your tastes; go for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure Wheelbase have a compatibility section so you can cross-check, just make sure they know the front & rear wheels are different widths. Phone them if still unsure.
The style you favour was fashionable many years ago & the many Allen key-like bolt heads around the perimeter quickly rusted or got tarnished & were a pain to keep clean.
These are one of the recommended sets for the slk with wider rears

i had similar on the MR2 ,and yes as you say the bolts soon tarnish and look rough ,
but the were genuine split rims so could change the bolts ,i dont think these will be, just fake plastic ones i guess

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I considered putting 'lots of spokes' wheels on my 170, but I figured it'd be a pain to clean off brake dust and keep them in good order.
In the end I caved and bought a more minimal (but smart) 5 spoke split design from Wheelbase.

I think these would look great on a 171 (bar those hideous center caps), especially on a silver. If you like them and they suit your tastes; go for it.
It would be good to see a set fitted or similar

·
Registered
628 Posts
I remember that style from years ago. Pretty when maintained well, but fussy to maintain and keep clean. If you like the way they look and want to put the time in, why not?

I upgraded my car to the 17" wheel spec delivered with the Sport Kit. A simple, bold five spoke design.

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.