Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought new tyres recently? I have a set of mismatched Contisport 2 and 3 on the front, and the 3 needs replacing....any ideas? Heard Hankook Ventus V12 might be good...not too keen on runflats either...all suggestions welcome.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts
Moving to tires wheels brakes n suspension section

·
Registered
113 Posts
Main Criteria: Comfortable Tires

We bought our car a year ago, and it came with BF Goodrich T/A tires on 17's. One thing about these Summer tires is they are noisy. On a long drive, the drone became tiring.

I just replaced all four with a set of Continental DSW's all season tires. These ride much smoother, and are so much more quiet - definitely contributes to a more enjoyable driving experience.

I went with these tires based on the positive experience I had with my '06 VW GTI, where I replaced the noisy Dunlap Direzza's with the DSW's in 18 inch size/40 series profile. Again, the noise level decreased greatly and comfort improved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks all, did some research and have ordered a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1s...... I'll let you know how they are!

Edit to say, 2 weeks on I am really pleased with the Goodyears. The ride is a lot softer, and much quieter-it doesn't crunch through our lovely Sussex potholes anymore!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts