Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not specific for 172's but it's new for me.

Got it for that pesky air leak that lights up the CEL when I've experienced some spirited driving.

It's easier to check the CEL that it's the same issue when it comes on instead of worrying it's something more sinister. I can clear it myself if it is.

Registration of the unit is not too onerous . Did not experience any glitches in that regard. Doing the one freebie (for MB) is snail slow though.

It's been running for 90 min now and only 25% done. I've got DSL but it downloads at 56kb speeds . Gonna be a while before I can test the unit. Plugged it into my RT just to get the password for reg't purposes and all systems (on the scanner) check out fine.

Can't test it for real till the sw updates.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any update on your experience with the scan tool?
Yup. Works like a charm. Came up with the same error codes as the Xentry factory scanner did (they re-surfaced due to a known issue I have). I cleared them without any problems (although the problem it detected is not serious--yet--I got rid of the CEL).

The registering of the new unit is not an issue. Takes a bit to get the correct sw on the computer but once you find the right (one free download) software for your car, it downloads fairly quickly. Only wanted it for MB (even though I have two other makes as well).

Actual use is very simple.

I made the right choice in getting this unit.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
By the way Len, that is the exact same unit I have. Deranged minds think alike! :grin:
I got it when I started having issues quite a while ago. I am thinking about downloading the Porsche module because it can clear the service indicator with this unit, and that way I can take my Macan to someplace somewhat cheaper then Porsche ($1000 for oil change) for my routine maintenance and clear the service indicator.

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way Len, that is the exact same unit I have. Deranged minds think alike! :grin:
Hehe. I did a LOT of research on this as there are so many possible units out there in all price ranges.

Knowing the code (and knowing if its serious or not thanks to all the kind folks here on SLKWorld--you know who you are :wink: ) and being able to clear it without having to run to the indy is a great timesaver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts