Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
678 Posts
Caught out by the new format
Thought this was in the New Members section heh
Give it a few weeks and the del sol will feel very alien.

·
Premium Member 2003 SLK320
103 Posts
I just found a local SLK 350 for sale with the manual transmission and would like your comments on the manual transmission. I live in the mountains and will probably be doing lots of shifting due to the roads, with little to no traffic. How do you feel about the car after a couple of weeks of driving a stick shift? I have a 1929 Model A Ford with a three speed, but the shifting will be totally different in the SLK and am just wondering is your shifting quick and easy or do you really have to pay attention to RPM's in a normal (not trying to do 0-60 in under 6 seconds) driving situation.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,748 Posts
I just found a local SLK 350 for sale with the manual transmission and would like your comments on the manual transmission. I live in the mountains and will probably be doing lots of shifting due to the roads, with little to no traffic. How do you feel about the car after a couple of weeks of driving a stick shift? I have a 1929 Model A Ford with a three speed, but the shifting will be totally different in the SLK and am just wondering is your shifting quick and easy or do you really have to pay attention to RPM's in a normal (not trying to do 0-60 in under 6 seconds) driving situation.
It's best to quote, or reply if you require a response from a specific member.
Both buttons are underneath every post.

I believe you are looking for a response from Gianna?

the del sol vtec is already furiously jealous. the del sol is so much easier to drive. but the speed of the 350 just is mind blowing I'm still learning not to overload first
View attachment 569368

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
I am still loving my 350 Manual even more so this year after I had a new clutch fitted....but I did make the original last over 14 years :) 73456 spirited miles under its belt.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the clutch is heavy and you cant accel half into 1st. other than that its awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts