Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Name is Philip and I'm from London . I'm new to the forum and new to driving a Merc. I'm the proud Owner of a black SLK 350 which I purchased last week. The list of questions is endless and I hope to find an answer to most of my questions. like for instance why does the car have amg badge, is that because of the 18" AMG alloys or is there more to it ?

I would rather take that off if it isn't the real thing

best

Phil

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. The AMG badge might be there just because someone stuck it on, or you might have a factory fitted AMG body-kit. The only AMG tuned engine is in the 55, but unfortunately they only come with automatic transmission.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,487 Posts
Phil,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada! Frequent resident of St John's Wood; if you're interested in a beer...

Post your VIN and some kind hearted soul will post your build sheet (all the goodies that originally came with your car). What's your model year?

Nice bike btw.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London, and yeah, the AMG badge not supposed to be on the car. Down in DA6 now, but was in SE10 before that.

You should think about joining us chasing sheep in Wales next weekend!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for inviting me ,I would love to join in but I already got plans for the weekend.
Maybe next time .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome from Essex Phil - new here myself but this site is choc-full of info and the posters are really friendly and helpful to boot :)

·
Fanatical Owner
272 Posts
Hello. A big welcome from Norway! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts