Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I just joined the forum, as I am intrigued by the SLK. Looking at purchasing a one used here in the near future ( one actually through the forum), but I NEED to get up to 15 posts in order to PM.

I am from Essex, NY and moving from a 2002 Mr2 spyder.

Thanks,
Clayton

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
Clayton,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
97,411 Posts
you can get 15 posts easily by staying in the new members section and saying howdy to 15 people. get it?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess, just to get my post #'s up. I am looking at the slk350 in the classified section, and it has 98xxxx miles, is this really a car that I should be looking at. It seems like some high miles to me.

What do you think one can expect with milage that high, (it is a beatiful car)

Thanks,
Clayton

·
97,411 Posts
Clayton, what i meant was say howdy to every other new member in the 'new members introduce your self here' section.

plus, please update at least your location in your rpofile like this:

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’.

·
97,411 Posts
my 09 now has 53k on it.

·
Registered--In between SLK's
15,012 Posts
Hi from London,

welcome aboard, best of luck with the search and the purchase, hope you get what you're after :tu:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Welcome from Indy! I moved "up(?)" from an '03 Spyder . What year is the SLK? My '06 had 31,9 when I bought it and now has 37,8(just under 5 months).

Were you on any of the Spyder forums?

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,420 Posts
If it is serviced as MB recommands and take care of mileage question is no problem. I had a 2001 230 with 101,000 miles and traded it and it was still going strong. Talked to the person who bought and still no problems reported.

If there is a lot of wear and tear walk away from it as that says service was not done and it was not taken care of. Does everything work, if it does not it can be costly to repair or replacement parts.

They are great crs that last a long time and miles if take care of.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada.

Start by looking at the various web sales sites - I liked cars.com and autotrader; there was another mentioned here recently and now for the life of me I can't remember it. I am not one for ebay or craigslist. This will give you a feel for your budget, mileage, options, condition.

Fine tune your desires - colours, options, BUDGET. Nuiances such as how far (ship or drive) will play a role.

You've found a terrific resource here - lots of experience and eager to help.

Good hunting my friend!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I highly recommend it

I just did the same thing. Bought an '06 SLK 280 in May of this year. I spent a lot of time on AutoTrader, Cars, & CarMax. These gave me a really good idea of what the prices were for the various years and models.

In my price range I was sticking with the '05 & '06 model years, and they are also the highest rated in reliability by Consumer Reports, which I put a lot of stock in, as I have been driving Toyotas & Hondas for 15 years.

I found a great deal and absolutely love the car. I can't believe it took me this long to buy something that is such a joy to drive. Makes you want to find a curvy road in the mountains every day.

Up to date Maintenance history is important, as was mentioned above, and I would also ask for the ability to have it inspected at your shop. I used an independent near where I work, and for $200 got a lot of peace of mind.

Mine only has a few minor quirks, to be expected in a 5 year old car, but the power and handling is superb. The sound is something special. Love it ! Granted I only have three months experience, but I'm still totally happy I went with the SLK.

P.S - Where you are I would definitely get one with the AirScarf option. It will extend your top down season a lot. Plus heated seats will be included as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Gale : I was on spyderchat.com for a little while

The one I am looking at is an 05 SLK 350 for sale in the classified here on the board.

The thing is it seems to be getting up in miles. Anyway, I am off to test drive another closer by to see if it really a car that I am interested in.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
~Clayton

1 - 20 of 24 Posts