Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. We look forward to reading and finding out more about other members, their cars, and SLK info. We are currently on our second SLK. Our first one was a 2005 Launch edition SLK350. We loved it and hated to sale it. But now we've got a 2012 SLK and are even more impressed! Thanks in advance for everyone's advice and help!:Beer:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome and congralutions from southern California.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Welcome from southern Illinois! Would you please comment on R171 seats verses R172 seats? Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gregg,
That is an easy question. My wife and I have already noticed the difference on the seats and interiors as a whole from our '05 to '12 models. We put almost 70k miles on our '05 and always said that they were kind of stiff, seemed to to much lumbar support and did not feel soft or able to breath. These new seats in the '12 are much softer and have a lot more cushion in them. The also have the air lumbar supports that you can adjust which make a huge difference. All the leather in this car feels more like leather and has a lot more cushion to it. The brown Nappa leather we had in the '05 seats was nice, but it just felt really slick and not like real leather. Again, we barely have passed the 1000 mile break in period and my wife and I have both commented on the difference in the seats and nicer feel of the whole interior. Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new car!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Welcome from Myrtle Beach. We have a NC/SC SLK Owners Group come a join us. Check for a PM I sent you about joining us. No Dues just SLK owners getting together to kick tires and enjoy each others company. We have over 30 members from the two states.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts