Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, We just purchassed a 2001 SLK for my wife, her dream car. I found information here about how and where to replace the rear view mirror at more a lesser cost than the dealer, thanks for the information.

Yesterday we were taking a sunday drive and I spilled some water down and around the gear selector. Now the transmission will only go into 1st or reverse. The gear indicator on the dash only shows a blank square where the P, R, D or gear selected manually should be. Will not allow shifter to be placed from drive to reverse or park unless I take my foot off the break.

I broke my gal's dream car. She is being good natured about it but the sooner I can return it to service the better.

Thanks for the forum and any information anyone can direct to me will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire, never ran into that problem before not sure how to help you. Try the search feature that may get you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.... Hopefully, someone who has experienced a similar problem and has a potential solution will see your post.....

Reactions: sallihoop
1 - 9 of 9 Posts