Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some already know I am collecting a 55 on Friday.... greatly looking forward to getting my hands on it... and driving it the 550 miles or so home.

The vehicle is being purchased from a reputable dealer and will come with 6 month platinum level rac warranty. It is 33k miler, so barely run in by all accounts... Has been major serviced today and also flown thorough an MOT test with zero advisories.

For peace of mind, it would be my intention to have it checked over thoroughly by a knowledgeable technician....to asses any areas that could be of issue and may be found to be addressable under the warranty.... most likely at some point over the next 6 months. Can anyone recommend a special someone / an Indy to do this for me.... I live in Aberdeen, so would be good if Scotland based, but not afraid to travel also. Despite having a C350e as a daily, relatively new to the brand and have no real knowledge of good/bad in respect of the mechanical support out there other than the local dealer....

TIA
A

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts

·
AND MABEL
13,809 Posts
I'm afraid I can't recommend anyone in your area. Merparts in Port Glasgow seem to know their stuff, but I've only spoken with them, and it's a bit of a trek for you. Gareth @Garfalls is your best bet, although there are other members from that neck of the woods as well who might know someone.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you can I would drive it around a bit local to the seller before making a long trek. Despite having an excellent indy shop near me doing an inspection, not much can be found out about prior work without getting it from the dealer. Its something I would ask for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can I would drive it around a bit local to the seller before making a long trek. Despite having an excellent indy shop near me doing an inspection, not much can be found out about prior work without getting it from the dealer. Its something I would ask for.
Most definitely will be doing thanks :tb:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Morning form Aberdeen !!!

A nice easy one this. Contact Ross Duthie (Ross Duthie | Vehicle Sales and Servicing Aberdeen) here in Aberdeen, an independent Mercedes garage that employees Mercedes trained techs. They have all the experience and equipment to carry out a full inspection.

The local MB Owners club is having a visit to his garage, at Whitemyres Ave, next Saturday (13th).

Gareth

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morning form Aberdeen !!!

A nice easy one this. Contact Ross Duthie (Ross Duthie | Vehicle Sales and Servicing Aberdeen) here in Aberdeen, an independent Mercedes garage that employees Mercedes trained techs. They have all the experience and equipment to carry out a full inspection.

The local MB Owners club is having a visit to his garage, at Whitemyres Ave, next Saturday (13th).

Gareth
Fantastic help...thanks Gareth....just what I needed and even better....local. Will see if I can tag along on this visit too. Ta A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts