Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I met a couple of members at the super car sunday event today who urged me to join the forum.

I can't say I'm the new guy or that I drive the new SL.In reality,I'm an older guy who drives an older SL(R129 version) :)

My SL has been set up for canyon driving,(many suspension changes)as that's my main source of driving enjoyment.If the roads got a twist in it,then it's calling my name :)

Anyway,thought I'd post a picture and look forward to meeting some of the locals in Southern Cal at the next event.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,726 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum. You posted a great pic of your car in a very scenic setting. But I must say, your SL looks even better in person (love the wheels and the mint interior).

Very glad I met you today at Super Car Sunday!

Bill

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California (from work 'puter :D)

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we've got a 300SL in france we've owned it for 17years now.

It used to be in Kuwait but was shipped to france many years ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome guys,makes me feel at home :)

It was nice meeting you also Bill.Thanks for the compliments on my car.

Looking forward to the next event and Super Car Sunday.

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon.
I will be working in San Diego for the next 3 weeks, or so, and the Co. is allowing me to drive my car.
I hope I can check in on one of the Super Car Sundays.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon.
I will be working in San Diego for the next 3 weeks, or so, and the Co. is allowing me to drive my car.
I hope I can check in on one of the Super Car Sundays.
Let us know which weekend days in May you will be free.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Front bumper removal on a SL500 ??? Help?

I just purchased a nice 2002 SL500 AMG in bright red for my wife. She is so in love with this car. The car is in nice shape but needs some TLC.

The car has a crack in the lower air dam part of the front bumper.

I just purchased the tool to repair the crack. Now I need help in removing the bumper. I took some of the side bolts off and still can't figure out what else has to come off to get it off the car.

Thank you in advance.
:confused:
Brian & Lynn Chichi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts