Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Slk Owners:

I am new to the site. My family and I live in IN.

I bought an SLK about two years ago from a friend of mine. Recently in this HOT weather the car will be running fine, but some reason will simply not turn over at all. Doesnt seem to be a starter problem, because after a few hours of cooling down the car will start right back up?

I have not got the codes read, but that is my next step. Could this problem be due to a K40 relay switch problem?

THanks in advanace and any advice on steps I should take to diagnose would be appreciated.

Thanks

Trent:burnout:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE:

I went to walmart bought a code reader soldering gun and wire. took the k40 relay out did a terrible job resodering it. reinstalled k40. used a different key to start car. (the key i had been using would not lock the door nor set the alram. my wife found the key that worked the doors and locks today.)

I turned key and no check engine light. no codes and it ran fine. when i got her home I was hesitant to restart her but she started right up.

so was it the key or my terrible sodering job.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts