Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Staci and I am from Pasadena, California. I have had two SLKs before (a black 1999 and a firemist red 2001). My most recent car was a 2004 BMW 325Ci and I was driving it last week when I was rear-ended. The damage was quite severe and the insurance company has totaled the car rather than pay to have it repaired. So now that I will be getting an insurance payoff, I am considering getting another SLK.

I am deciding between three different ones, and I was hoping to get some advice from you SLK experts on which might be the best option for me.

One of them is a 2008 SLK230 with the Premium III package, as well as the Vavona wood trim and iPod integration kit. It has 34K miles on it -- but my main detraction is no heated seats -- which I enjoyed on all of my convertibles. The dealer is asking $37000.

A second option is a 2009 SLK350 with 28K miles. This one has the heated seats, and SIRIUS radio, but no other options -- it is $34995 asking price.

Finally, the third one is a 2007 SLK 280 with 33K miles. It has only the heated seats, but only costs $28500 asking price.

I'm hoping to get my insurance check and buy one of these in the next week or two but am really torn as I don't want to miss out on those heated seats, but I really like the wood trim and premium package. The are also the best on the two more expensive ones. I would definitely add the iPod kit later on to the two that are lacking it. So which would you guys choose?

Can heated seats ever be added as an option later?

P.S. The only reason I wouldn't get one of these is if my Mom promises me her CLK in the next year or two. Then I would probably just get a cheaper car to last until then. Though I truly loved those SLKs and would really prefer to get back into one of them.

Thanks a lot! :)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon!
Keep looking until the check arrives, after that sit on it for a week and then make your decision.
Get the one that speaks to you :)

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire, tough choice they all sound good. I would ask your self how long you want to keep the car for and which features you really want and which ones you can live without. Good luck

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,710 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. Take them for a ride. You will know if any of the three are the car for you.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,464 Posts
Staci,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London via Louisiana! I'm with you on the heated seats and airscarf - while they can be retrofitted, **much** easier and cheaper to get them with the car.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
My 2007 280 spoke to me and I am very happy with my selection. It's also easier at the pump, which is more important by the day. Which ever you select....it will be a great choice. Enjoy!

·
Registered--In between SLK's
15,041 Posts
2nd Hi from London, it's gonna be another top down day!:tu:

Good luck with the chosing the right one, i'm sure once your behind the wheel it will all make sense!

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles. I'm very happy with my 280 and the fuel economy is very welcome with gas > $4/gallon.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Of the three, I would be looking at the 2009 SLK 350 for the ff reasons (presuming a decision has been made to get the SLK):

1. Improved electronics package, i.e., integrated bluetooth in head unit. Check to see if it has COMAND or the A25 (?) head unit. Ipod integration may be possible on both, but I'll leave this to the experts (UK-C200 et al) who know a lot more.

2. Improved engine on the face-lift SLK 350.

3. Wood trim can be added later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts