Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just purchased a 2007 SLK 350 Palladium Silver with some additions (AMG Sport Package, Expression bumper, etc.) and 16,000 miles. I'm looking forward to figuring it out. I noticed it has phone controls on the steering wheel so I assume it has bluetooth support? It has the stock Mercedes navigation/GPS.

Some pics:

One thing I've noticed is that the car is a bit louder in terms of road noise than I had expected. The noise is exacerbated when driving on bad roads (obviously). I wonder if this is the case for all SLK 350s with 18" wheels or something unique to my car?

Looks wise, I must say that this car is one of the best looking on the road.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Re road noise: what kind of tires are on it? A harder compound will tend to amplify any road roughness/noise.

Where are you in the Bay Area? Used to live in Sunnyvale (on exchange with USN at Moffet Field).

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Gorgeous car. I didn't know 2007s had Palladium Silver. I thought it debut in 2008 with C Class. I was probably wrong.

Hum, not sure about the tire noise. I only have 17s. There is more road noise than in my C with 17s though. Not too bad.

How does the tread of the tires look?

I'm confident you're going to enjoy it. Not only do SLKs look great, yours in particular looks especially good.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
moazam,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Hi and welcome from Virginia. Beautiful SLK 350, nice wheels. Bluetooth, on 2008 SLKs and earlier are a dealer installed option. Look inside the center console and see if you have a Bluetooth puck. Without it, you don't have the Bluetooth option. Dealer charges around $1600 for parts and labor. Others have purchased the parts and did a DIY install. The SLK Store (here at SLKWorld.com) offer the iTronics aftermarket Bluetooth/iPod option. Check this LINK. I installed the iTronics Bluetooth system in my wife's SLK 350. About half the cost of the dealer system and most can complete the install themselves. Works just like the dealer system. I have 19" wheels on my SLK 55. The suspension is a little harsher on the 55 , than the 350. Still not that bad in my opinion. Enjoy your SLK.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome from Blighty.... :)

I too didn't think that Palladium Silver was available on the SLK until the 2008 facelift. That's certainly what we were told when we picked up ours.

All that said, your car looks great, congrats......

Oh and as for the road noise; harder suspension and 18" rims with wider ultra-low profile tyres (very stiff side walls) is likley to result in increased noise.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts