Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just decided to get to the last decade or two after working on many '60's era benzes. Picked up a 99 silver 230 with less than 50k miles and lots of maintenance receipts. My '67 250 SL though a very fun car with it's throaty exhaust was just not feeling reliable enough to go on a long tour, so we decided that cruise control, A/C, air bags, and a good stereo were things we could no longer live without. I still own and play with the following
'67 250 SL 4 speed euro
'67 250 SE 4 speed euro
'69 250 CE 5 speed euro
'68 406D 4 speed euro
'85 300TD wagon
Hope to mine the wisdom of this group when needed:)
Ricardo
(L-Vez)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth. Nice collection, would like to see pictures of the fleet when possible. Note: Enjoy the good stereo, try not to use the air bags. ;)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,481 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,474 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix hope you still got the Sl in the Garage if you do so the new r172 wil; be almost free. Them Prices on the Sl,s are just going up up up.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welkom

Thanks everyone for all the warm welcome's, this is obviously a happy place to be:).
I need to get my posts up a few more before I have access to the full site and I imagine that includes posting pictures as well.
Have only had the slk for two weeks but we've already taken a three day cruise along the historic St. Lawrence river and I've embarked on the maintenance and tune up learning curve. And I thought my '67 SL was small....
Ricardo

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from the east end Ricardo - Orleans/Chapel Hill is SLK country! Where are you in the city? Your 250 wouldn't happen to be red would it? If so we may have spoken a while back in the Future Store parking lot on Olgilvie?
shoot me a pm or email [email protected]

welcome aboard!

·
Banned
51 Posts
wilkommen, L-vez! Like your handle - maybe a few here remember El-Vez, the Mexican Elvis, a quirky act if there ever was one. I'm an MB owner hoping to soon add a stick shift SLK to the garage. Good site, I've already seen knowledgeable 'webfriends' here from other benz sites sharing their knowledge, always a good thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts