Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a new boat. I blame it on my neighbor. Damn car salesman. He brings home a 2003 SLK230 with AMG package from a tradin ... parks it right in front of wifes face. Oh the moanin started.

Upshot is she bought it. Ok now what do I do with it!

Anyway found the site looking for a shorty attenna. Hope to meet, get and sooner or later give some info on this money hole she bought.

ps: really do love the little ride ... wife too :usa:

·
Registered--In between SLK's
14,758 Posts
Hi from London!

Congrats on the impulse buy! A few rides with the top down and you'll be more than convinced! Post up some pics if you can.

Check out the slk store on the forum you'll find the 'shorty' on there and i would recommend the smart top too!:tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,460 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
And a Welcome from Indy! I first saw my '06 SLK350 in the paper on a Thursday and signed the papers on Friday of the next week :eek: ...and I'm glad I did :Beer:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome. SLKstore sells the R170 shorty antenna, however, the radio function may be compromised. I don't know what happens to the remote key range.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,789 Posts
Welcome from sunny Carmichael California. If you are ever out in California let's hookup for a ride with our SLKS in Northern California. :Banane35:

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the welcome.

Welcome. SLKstore sells the R170 shorty antenna, however, the radio function may be compromised. I don't know what happens to the remote key range.
Yes I've seen that. $89 for the shorty. Seems little high but as I look at some other items for MB ... ALL of it's high :(

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Impulse buying... We just celebrated our 25th anniversary...we married a short year after a blind date. I have absolutely no complaints!

Put the top down and enjoy the ride!

(update your specs and location, and maybe post a pic or two...)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Jack...My turn to welcome you as warmly as you welcomed me.. Welcome aboard..

I understand your position perfectly Buddy..But I also understand caving into the Wife's desire for her SLK.. It's a wise man that keeps the little woman contented ..
:rb

And as a boat owner for many ...many years ..I also understand a hole into which one throws his money ...the SLK will cost much less in the long run....
:biglaugh:

If fuel cost remain as high as present prices ...Someone may just pay YOU to take their boat..:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts