Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I traded my 2006 Impala SS in for a 2012 SLK350 (Mars Red) on June 22nd. So far, I absolutely love it.

Still, it's not been without challenge. After about a month, I started hearing a helicopter sound inside the cabin when idling. Turns out it was a defective valve in the fuel pump. Then, after turning out of the dealership, where I was getting it fixed, some jackass ran a red light (had to have been red about 4-5 secs), and side swiped my passenger front panel, just behind the headlight. Very minor damage, but it's a 2012. So, it spent 3 weeks in the body shop waiting on Germany to send parts.

Finally got it back this past Wednesday. Hoping to keep it in my hands and out of the shop :)

All in all, in spite of the problems, I love how it handles, love driving with the top down, and especially love all the "ooohs and aaahs" I get.

Ron Grimes
Sandy, Utah

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Ron....welcome from southern Illinois! This is a great site with wonderful members! Glad you are on board.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Wow, sounds like a busy few months. Now, just settle back and enjoy it. I picked up my 2012 two week ago. Leaving in a few hours for dinner about 50 miles away with the roof down. It's 107 right now, will be interesting to see how long my lady friend lasts before putting the top up (it's her idea to go roofless, I'm just along for the fellowship). ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Everyone

What a friendly group! Thanks for the welcome.

@Uncle John: You know, I never thought I would ever wear one (I've always hated hats), but I broke down and bought a driving cap from Orvis. It was either that or have a fried scalp with a future risk of melanoma. I bought two, but only ended up really liking the "Linen-blend". http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=2G01 , in case anyone else here cares to save their head on triple digit days.

·
Fanatical Owner
272 Posts
Hello from Norway.
Hope you like the new ride. I really like the look of the 2012 model :rockon:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Ron, I can get away with a ball cap in the summer, but I bought a wool driving cap (complete with retractable ear-flaps) while in Bavaria a few years ago for winter. May have to get that summer weight from Orvis. We ended up going with the top down, windows up and A/C blowing to the floor. Worked quite well. Highest temp we saw was 110.

Post pictures when you can, These little cars are truly beautiful.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from southern California. Sorry to learn about the "fender bender" incident. Glad it's all sorted.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
What happened to the errant red light runner? As you were just outside an MB dealer...they should have dragged him from the car...up against the wall and... ratta tatta tat. What do people think they are doing?! Is there the 3 second delay from red to green down there too? (In Canada, the light turns red, and after 3 secs the crossing traffic gets the green. Now idiots plan on it!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts