Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I saw the brand new latest model SLK at a show this weekend. The very brand new one with the sort of disturbed lorry look for a front grille. All chrome and flashy - rather gaudy to my eye and I am mid-30's.

Jumped in and had a look. Can't say I was very impressed. If that's all you get for £33,000 from Mercedes these days its no wonder they are struggling. It looks dated and its all plastic, its not particularly comfortable and it seems to have completely lost its class. Looks rather like an angry toddler in the car-park.

The new AMG was nice - until I tried sitting in it. Its not the grand prix commuting to work everyday round here. I would actually like to be able to feel my ass at the end of the journey.

Pretty disappointed in truth. Shame.

·
Banned
804 Posts
We don't see any 172s at our dealership while there were always plenty of 171s.

I won't be buying another Mercedes. The 171 fulfills all my Mercedes desires forever. In fact, I see this car lasting as long as me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I am not surprised tbh.

I should point out the other car was the AMG GT, not the SLK AMG. It is £100,000 for the basic version...that's a lot. :wink:

·
Banned
804 Posts
I saw the AMG GTS which was $149K! It isn't exactly a small car like what it is supposed to compete against, the 911. It felt tight inside, and I didn't care for the long hood and had a difficult time judging where the front end ended! Someone did snap it up in a couple of days.

I don't see these cars as being much fun. They are too expensive and overkill on the roads. And just where can you find an armed guard to protect it against vandals?

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,895 Posts
The proof of the pudding is in the driving methinks....
AMG GT looked great at Goodwood. SLS is a fantastic driving experience, I know.
If it's smaller and cheaper and as good to drive, what's not to like?
TonyS

·
Registered
209 Posts
New SLK (SLC) shouldn't drive any different as it's just a facelifted R172. The interior is quite a change but other than that it's just the bodykit.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,625 Posts
Quality

I do not think you should expect any better quality from a Mercedes in comparison to most other Brands, Ford, Skoda, VW etc they are all of equal build quality. The plastic parts are just as plastic, the fit is just as good.
It's the car you should be buying and not a Brand,
I bought my Skoda because it does what I want and the Mercedes because that does what I want. One was nearly £40000 (new price) more?:surprise:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.